The New York Mets’ bullpen will be hoping hard-throwing right-hander Noah Syndergaard can do some damage against the Kansas City Royals tonight. After starter Bartolo Colon exited following one batter with a right thumb contusion, the Mets’ bullpen worked 8.5 excellent innings in a 2-1 win on Tuesday.
- The total has gone OVER in four of the Royals’ last five games on the road against the Mets.
- The total has gone UNDER in seven of the Mets’ last 10 games during the afternoon.
- The Royals are 5-2 SU in their last seven games with Danny Duffy as the starting pitcher.
Danny Duffy is slated to counter for the Royals. Duffy (2-1, 3.17 ERA) has notched a 2-1 mark with a 3.25 ERA in seven starts since leaving the bullpen for the starting rotation. Duffy allowed one hit in 1.5 scoreless innings of relief in his last appearance against the Mets on April 5.
Syndergaard was the only hurler to record a win in New York’s lone triumph over the Royals in last year’s World Series. The fireballer has 11 quality starts this season and permitted just 18 earned runs in 85 innings of work.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting Kansas City Royals before the first pitch in this match found them as 122 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bodog. They saw the over/under total of 8 earlier at TopBet.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.3-3.1 win for the Royals on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Kansas City Royals vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
37-32 New York battles the Royals, currently with a 38-32 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Kansas City injuries news.
The New York Mets sit at No. 20 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Kansas City Royals sit at No. 17 on the same chart.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and New York has baseball’s No. 28-rated offensive output, at 7.74 hits per game. The Kansas City Royals average 9.34 hits per game, good for No. 4 on the list.
Comparing defensive stats, Kansas City owns the No. 15-rated road mark, allowing 4.38 runs per game on the highway. New York, on the other hand, rates No. 29 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Kansas City looks to rebound from a loss to the Mets, who beat them 2-1 on Tuesday behind a start from B Colon at Citi Field.
- Kansas City is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games
- Kansas City is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games
- Kansas City is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games on the road
- NY Mets is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- NY Mets is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 5 games
- NY Mets is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas City home to Houston, Friday, June 24th
New York at Atlanta, Thursday, June 23rd