After a 14-inning thriller in Game 1 of the World Series, the Royals will look to grab a commanding 2-0 lead over the Mets. Royals bettors and fans will be happy know that the Game 1 winner has won 16 of the past 18 World Series, including the last five in a row. As of Tuesday morning, the Royals were listed as -175 favorites to win the series on Bodog
- The Mets are 15-5 SU in their last 20 road games.
- Kansas City is 5-0 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- Royals backup C Drew Butera is the only player on the KC roster who has faced deGrom.
Jacob deGrom will be tasked will halting Kansas City’s momentum tonight, as he’ll look to add to his impressive playoff resume. In 20 total innings pitched this postseason, deGrom has allowed just four runs while registering 27 strikeouts over his three starts. All three of his playoff starts have been on the road, so he shouldn’t be phased by the Kauffman Stadium crowd.
Johnny Cueto, meanwhile, will take the hill for the Royals in hopes of improving upon his ugly 7.88 ERA thus far in the 2015 postseason. Cueto has been far from ace-like for the Royals, but was a much better pitcher at home this season, with an ERA almost a run lower at home compared to pitching on the road. He’s also been successful at silencing some of the Mets’ big bats throughout his career, as Daniel Murphy and Lucas Duda are a combined 6 for 32 vs Cueto.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.1-4.6 win for the Royals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Mets vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Kansas City Royals sport a record of 103-71 heading into this matchup, while the New York Mets sit at 97-75 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs New York injuries news.
The Kansas City Royals sit at No. 19 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB
, while the New York Mets sit at No. 14 on the same chart.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Kansas City has baseball’s No. 5-rated offensive output, at 9.24 hits per game. The New York Mets average 8.33 hits per game, good for No. 26 on the list.
Kansas City owns the No. 11 defense, allowing 4.55 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with New York’s No. 4-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York lost a tight one on Tuesday, seeing the game get away from them in extra innings and falling by a 5-4 score against Kansas City at Kauffman Stadium.
- NY Mets is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- NY Mets is 15-5 SU in its last 20 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of NY Mets’s last 20 games on the road
- NY Mets is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Kansas City
- Kansas City is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games
- Kansas City is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York home to Kansas City, Friday, October 30th