Two teams that have played some brutal baseball in the month of July collide on Friday when the Kansas City Royals collide with the Texas Rangers in the Lone Star State.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of the Royals’ last seven games against the Rangers.
- The Rangers are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games with A.J. Griffin as the starting pitcher.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the Royals’ last five games with Edinson Volquez as the starting pitcher.
Edinson Volquez and A.J. Griffin are the probable starters. Volquez (8-8, 4.56 ERA) is making his second straight start against Texas, and the rumor mill has fuelled speculation that the Rangers are interested in his services. Volquez has struggled on the road this year, going 2-5 with a 5.72 ERA away from home.
Griffin (3-1, 4.06) has failed to pitch more than five innings in any of his six starts since returning from a shoulder injury.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting Kansas City Royals before the first pitch in this match found them as 127 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bodog. They saw the over/under total of 9.5 earlier at TopBet.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Rangers to win this game 6.0-2.8. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Kansas City Royals vs Texas Rangers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
59-44 Texas battles the Royals, currently with a 49-52 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Texas vs Kansas City injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 29-ranked Texas Rangers and the No. 28-rated Kansas City Royals in this matchup.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Kansas City Royals rank No. 9 at 9.08 hits per game. That compares with the Texas Rangers No. 10 ranking in that category.
Comparing defensive stats, Kansas City owns the No. 10-rated road mark, allowing 4.32 runs per game on the highway. Texas, on the other hand, rates No. 4 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Kansas City batters were mowed down by C Hamels in their last start, falling 3-2 against Texas while striking out 12 times on Thursday at Globe Life Park.
- Kansas City is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Kansas City is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Kansas City is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Kansas City is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Texas is 3-15 ATS in its last 18 games
- Texas is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Texas is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games
- Texas is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas City at Texas, Saturday, July 30th