The UNDER has paid out for totals bettors at the online sportsbooks in six of the Kansas City Royals’ last eight games on the road against the Detroit Tigers as those division rivals meet in baseball odds action on Tuesday.
The Royals will send Danny Duffy (4-5, 4.28 ERA) to the mound on Tuesday night, with the lefthander coming off a loss to the Blue Jays (five runs in six innings of work). Justin Verlander (1-3, 4.86 ERA) will start for the Tigers.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Detroit Tigers in this matchup found them as -105 on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 8.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – VSB computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.1-3.8 win for the Royals on Tuesday.
Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Detroit (51-54) will face the 62-42 Royals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Detroit vs Kansas City injuries news.
The Detroit Tigers sit at No. 28 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB, while the Kansas City Royals sit at No. 25 on the same chart.
The game also pits Detroit Tigers No. 5-rated offense, averaging 4.48 runs per game, against a Kansas City Royals defense that ranks No. 6 at 3.75 in runs allowed per game. The Detroit Tigers have averaged 9.61 hits per game so far, more than Kansas City Royals batters have averaged on the year (9.16 hits per game).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Detroit has the No. 26-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Royals own the No. 6 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Kansas City didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-2 to Toronto on Sunday at Rogers Centre.
Detroit got the job done in their last match in a 6-1 victory over Baltimore on Sunday at Camden Yards behind starter D Norris.
- Kansas City is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Kansas City is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Kansas City’s last 16 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Detroit
- Detroit is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Detroit’s last 16 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Detroit’s last 16 games when playing Kansas City
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games when playing at home against Kansas City
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas City at Detroit, Wednesday, August 5th