The Kansas City Royals have managed to pick up the win in four of starting pitcher Jason Vargas’ last five trips to the mound as they prepare to take on the Minnesota Twins on Monday night in baseball odds action at the sportsbooks.
Vargas, though, is 4-2 with just a 4.79 ERA on the season, and he gave up nine earned runs over 8 2-3 innings in two starts against the Twins in April. Phil Hughes (4-5, 4.96 ERA) is Minnesota’s probable pitcher for Monday’s game.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Minnesota Twins in this matchup found them as -110 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 8.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.6-3.8 result in favor of the Twins.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
33-23 Minnesota battles the Royals, currently with a 31-23 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Minnesota vs Kansas City injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the Minnesota Twins at No. 10 and the Kansas City Royals at No. 22 heading into this contest.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Minnesota Twins and its No. 6-rated batting order, averaging 4.41 runs per nine innings, against the No. 7 line up of the Kansas City Royals at 4.39 runs per outing.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Minnesota has the No. 12-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Royals own the No. 5 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Royals grabbed a win last time out, defeating Colby Lewis and the Rangers 4-3 on Sunday at Kauffman Stadium.
Mike Pelfrey silenced the Brewers bats in a 2-0 victory last time out versus Milwaukee at Target Field.
- Kansas City is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Kansas City’s last 7 games
- Kansas City is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Kansas City is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games when playing Minnesota
- Minnesota is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games
- Minnesota is 15-5 SU in its last 20 games at home
- Minnesota is 5-10 SU in its last 15 games when playing Kansas City
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games when playing at home against Kansas City
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas City at Minnesota, Tuesday, June 9th