The UCLA Bruins enter their third game of the season against the winless San Diego Toreros as massive favorites. You may want to think twice about laying the chalk, as UCLA is 7-0 SU in their past seven hosting teams with losing records, but are just 2-5 ATS in those outings.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of UCLA’s last 12 games as favorite.
- San Diego is 0-10 SU and 1-9 ATS in their last 10 games against teams with winning records.
- UCLA is 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games in November.
UCLA has steamrolled their lower tier opposition so far this season, as the Bruins are 2-0 with an average scoring margin of +22.0 points. Highly touted freshman Lonzo Ball has stepped in and immediately become integral to UCLA, as he has averaged 16 points, 8.5 assists and 8.0 rebounds per game while shooting 71.4 percent from the floor.
San Diego has proven that they like to shoot the three so far this season, but the team has shot just 34 percent from beyond the arc so far, including a poor 9-for-29 against Samford. When you combine their mediocre three-point shooting with their struggles rebounding, San Diego has plenty to work on.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The UCLA Bruins were listed as -24.5-point favorites at most sportsbooks tracked by Odds – Shark earlier in the day. It opened first at BetOnline, where the over/under betting odds total was expected shortly.
San Diego Toreros vs UCLA Bruins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Diego Toreros will look to cover the spread vs the UCLA Bruins on Thursday, as the Toreros are 1-1 ATS versus the spread this season, while the Bruins are 1-1 ATS. San Diego is 2-0 against the total, while UCLA is 2-0 versus the total betting line.
The power rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the UCLA Bruins rated this week at No. 109 and the San Diego Toreros sitting at No. 309.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Diego got 15 points from Olin Carter III but lost anyway, 83-65, to Samford on Monday at Jenny Craig Pavilion.
UCLA got 22 points from Isaac Hamilton en route to a 102-87 victory over Cal State-Northridge on Sunday at Pauley Pavilion.
- San Diego is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- San Diego is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego’s last 5 games
- San Diego is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- UCLA is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- UCLA is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of UCLA’s last 6 games
- UCLA is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Diego home to Nicholls State, Sunday, November 20th
UCLA at Long Beach State, Sunday, November 20th