USA Today Images
Tournament being played at the Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee.
Auburn Tigers vs. Tennessee Volunteers (-3.5, 147)
* The Tigers are a dangerous opponent if only because they can shoot it from the outside, leading the SEC with 8.9 made 3-pointers per game, and have a pair of capable frontcourt players. Kareem Canty (18.3 points, 5.3 assists) and Bryce Brown (10.2 points) lead the charge on the perimeter, and Tyler Harris (13.9 points, 7.6 rebounds) and Cinmeon Bowers (10.7 points, 9.8 rebounds) can cause problems in the paint. The Tigers also have been more competitive when T.J. Dunans (11.2 points) is on the court – going 7-6 with him in the starting lineup – but he missed both regular-season meetings with the Vols.
* The Volunteers have lost four straight and six of their last seven and are without leading scorer Kevin Punter Jr. (22.2 points) due to a stress fracture in his right foot. Robert Hubbs III (10.4 points) also has been hampered by a knee injury and his status for Wednesday is up in the air, putting a heavy burden on swingman Armani Moore (12 points, 7.9 rebounds), who managed only three points in two meetings against Auburn this season.
Auburn – 11-19 SU, 12-17 ATS, 11-17-1 O/U
Tennessee – 13-18 SU, 14-15-1 ATS, 11-16-3 O/U
* Tigers are 2-8 ATS in the last 10 meetings.
* Volunteers are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games following a double-digit loss at home.
* Under is 11-3-1 in Tigers last 15 games following a straight up loss.
* Under is 7-1-1 in Volunteers last 9 vs. Southeastern.