The Senators will look to play speed bump to the Canadiens on Tuesday night when they make the quick trip to Montreal to take on the Habs whose only loss at the Bell Centre so far came in overtime against the Panthers last week.
- Carey Price is 6-0-1 with a .949 save percentage against divisional opponents.
- Craig Anderson is 2-3 with an .888 save percentage against divisional opponents.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the Senators’ last 6 games against the Canadiens.
Carey Price and the Canadiens had their torrid pace slowed a little last week with three consecutive losses but have a very favorable schedule ahead of them to firm up their status atop the NHL standings.
Ottawa has been a bit of a thorn in the side of the Canadiens and actually dealt Montreal their first loss of the year back in October. That said, Carey Price has been practically unbeatable at home and the Habs are still one of the best puckline bets in the entire league.
The Senators have won two road games in a row and historically that’s been a bad omen for them as they are 0-6 in their last six games away from home after winning their two most recent road matchups.
Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Ottawa Senators have seen them go 10-7-1 so far this season, while the Canadiens are at 14-3-2. In totals betting, the Montreal Canadiens are 6-7-6, while the Senators are 6-11-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Montreal vs Ottawa injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 3 (Montreal Canadiens) and the No. 25 (Ottawa Senators) teams according to our current NHL Power Rankings.
The game also pits Montreal’s No. 5-ranked offense, averaging 3.16 goals per game, against a Senators defense that ranks No. 14 at 2.56 goals allowed. The Canadiens power play is averaging 22.81% while the Senators defense kills off 90.38% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Ottawa lost its last outing, a 4-1 result against the Panthers on November 19. Bettors who backed the Panthers at -133 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (5) sent PUSH bettors to the payout window.
Montreal won its last outing, a 2-1 result against the Maple Leafs on November 19. Bettors who backed the Canadiens at -154 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (3) sent UNDER bettors to the payout window.
- Ottawa is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Ottawa’s last 11 games
- Ottawa is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
- Ottawa is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Montreal is 15-6 ATS in its last 21 games
- Montreal is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games
- Montreal is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Montreal is 12-1 SU in its last 13 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Ottawa home to Boston, Thursday, November 24th
Montreal home to Carolina, Thursday, November 24th