The Ottawa Senators have been a much better team on the road this season, with a 5-1-1 record when travelling compared to a lowly 2-3-2 at home. Luckily for the Sens, they visit the Nashville Predators Tuesday night.
– VSB Bites
- The Predators won 4-3 in a shootout when these teams met earlier this season.
- Senators leading goal scorer Kyle Turris has scored six of his eight goals on the road.
- The Predators are 13-5 in their last 18 games following two days off.
The Senators have outscored their hosting opponents 22-15 in their seven road games this season with the team netting three or more goals five times. The Sens will turn to Craig Anderson, who has a 2.72 goals against average and a .917 save percentage, in net when they take to the ice in Nashville.
The Predators have lost their past two games at home after starting the season 4-0-0 at Bridgestone Arena. Pekka Rinne will likely get the start as backup goalie Carter Hutton is day-to-day with an injury. The Finish goaltender has a 1.97 GAA at home this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Ottawa Senators opened as 136 moneyline underdogs in this one at most online sportsbooks tracked at Odds – VSB , including BetOnline. The total opened at 5 for those preferring over under betting, watch for the line updates during the day at Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 2.9-2.7 result in favor of the Predators. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
8-3-2 Nashville battles the Senators, currently with a 7-4-3 mark. The OVER/UNDER records, important for totals bettors, are 6-6-1 for the Predators and 6-8 for the Senators. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Nashville vs Ottawa injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 14 (Nashville Predators) and the No. 17 (Ottawa Senators) teams according to our current NHL Power Rankings.
The game also pits Nashville’s No. 13-ranked offense, averaging 2.69 goals per game, against a Senators defense that ranks No. 25 at 3 goals allowed. The Predators power play is averaging 18.6% while the Senators defense kills off 75.47% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Ottawa was a 3-2 loser in its last match on the road against the Hurricanes. They lost as -108 underdogs, while the total score of 5 made winners of UNDER bettors.
Nashville was a 4-0 loser in its last match at home against the Blues. They lost as favorites, while the total score of 4 made winners of UNDER bettors.
- Ottawa is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Ottawa’s last 5 games
- Ottawa is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Ottawa’s last 5 games on the road
- Nashville is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- Nashville is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Nashville’s last 13 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Nashville’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Ottawa home to Vancouver, Thursday, November 12th
Nashville home to Toronto, Thursday, November 12th