The San Jose Sharks put a lot of trust into relatively untested goalie Martin Jones this offseason by giving up a first-round pick for the netminder and that gamble has paid off early. Jones is expected to start Monday when the Sharks visit the New York Rangers in the lone NHL game on the slate.
– VSB Bites
- The Sharks have scored 16 goals this season while only allowing eight.
- The Rangers are 9-4-1 in their past 10 games vs the Sharks.
- The UNDER is 9-3 in the past 12 meetings between these two teams.
Jones is only four games into his Sharks career, but has already set the franchise record for longest shutout streak with the netminder not allowing a goal in 234:33. The Vancouver-native is also leading the NHL in GAA and save percentage.
The Rangers took both games against the Sharks last season with Rick Nash taking center stage scoring two goals in those contests. After opening the season 3-0-0, the Rangers have gone 0-2-1 in their past three while scoring just two goals.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to side with the New York Rangers in this one found them earlier as -130 favorites on the NHL money line at Bet365. Betting the over under total instead? It was hovering near 5 at its open earlier today at BetOnline and may have moved.
Odds – VSB computer score prediction models pick a possible 2.7-2.6 win for the Sharks on Monday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Rangers are 3-2-1 so far on the season. The San Jose Sharks, meanwhile, are 4-1-0. OVER/UNDER betting fans have seen New York go 2-3-1 and the Sharks go 2-3 on the totals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs San Jose injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the New York Rangers rated this week at No. 19 and the San Jose Sharks sitting at No. 11.
The game also pits New York’s No. 19-ranked offense, averaging 2.33 goals per game, against a Sharks defense that ranks No. 2 at 1.6 goals allowed. The Rangers power play is averaging 9.09% while the Sharks defense kills off 86.67% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Jose was a 6-3 loser in its last match on the road against the Islanders. They lost as +152 underdogs, while the total score of 9 made winners of OVER bettors.
- San Jose is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- San Jose is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- San Jose is 4-9-1 SU in its last 14 games when playing NY Rangers
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of San Jose’s last 12 games when playing NY Rangers
- NY Rangers is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Rangers’s last 5 games at home
- NY Rangers is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Jose
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of NY Rangers’s last 12 games when playing San Jose
Next Betting Matchups
San Jose home to Los Angeles, Thursday, October 22nd
New York home to Arizona, Thursday, October 22nd
Tagged with: feature