The Los Angeles Clippers won’t have any time to catch their collective breath after suffering a 123-113 loss to the league-leading Golden State Warriors on Thursday as they’ll be forced to face another Western Conference powerhouse, the San Antonio Spurs, tonight in California.
– Shark Bites
- The visiting team is 1-5 SU in its last six games in this matchup.
- The Clippers are 0-6 SU in their last six games with no days off between games.
- The total has gone UNDER in seven of the Spurs’ last nine games.
L.A. has emerged triumphant in its first two contests vs San Antonio this year, as the Clips have averaged 111 points while winning by an average of 14.5 in the first two meetings between the squads. Chris Paul, who’s been battling a thumb injury since mid-January and has been cleared to play, did not take the floor against the Warriors and it’s hard to imagine the point guard getting any action vs San Antonio since Los Angeles will want to slowly ease him back into action.
The Spurs won seven of nine prior to the all-star break to stay within close range of the Warriors, and they now sit just 4 1/2 games behind Golden State for first in the West. San Antonio is 4-2 SU on its annual Rodeo Road Trip and the excursion ends with Sunday’s tilt against the L.A. Lakers.
Staples Center has been a great source of OVERs between the Clippers and Spurs lately. In San Antonio’s last five visits to California, the OVER is 4-1.
San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Clippers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Clippers currently sport a record of 35-22, and have posted a corresponding betting slate of 30-27 ATS. The San Antonio Spurs are 43-13 and 31-24-1 ATS. Betting totals have seen the Clippers post a 31-26 OVER/UNDER record this season, while the Spurs have gone 32-24 against the total number of points scored. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs San Antonio injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 12 (Los Angeles Clippers) and the No. 4 (Spurs) teams in the league, according to our current NBA betting Power Rankings at Odds – Shark.
The game also pits Los Angeles’s No. 8-ranked offense averaging 108.02 PPG, against a San Antonio Spurs defense that ranks No. 2 at 98.36 PPG. The Los Angeles Clippers field goal percentage has averaged 46.71% so far, less than the San Antonio Spurs shooters have achieved on the year, 47.5% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Antonio cruised to victory on Wednesday, running Orlando out of the gym and running up a 107-79 score at Amway Center.
The Clippers got 19 points from Austin Rivers, but it was Golden State that prevailed in a 123-113 final on Thursday at Oracle Arena.
- San Antonio is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- San Antonio is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Antonio’s last 6 games on the road
- San Antonio is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers
- LA Clippers is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- LA Clippers is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of LA Clippers’s last 12 games
- LA Clippers is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Antonio at Los Angeles, Sunday, February 26th
Los Angeles home to Charlotte, Sunday, February 26th