It’s early, but the New York Knicks look like a vastly improved team over last year’s squad. Carmelo Anthony and company will have their hands full when they welcome the veteran-laden San Antonio Spurs to Madison Square Garden in NBA action Monday evening.
- The Spurs are 14-3 SU and 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games as favorites.
- The Knicks are 0-8 SU in their last eight games as home underdogs.
- The total has gone over in the Knicks’ last five games as underdogs.
The Knicks (2-1) will be seeking to collect their first victory of the season on home court after falling to Atlanta on Oct. 29. San Antonio (2-1) is still integrating recently acquired big man Lamarcus Aldridge into the lineup , but the Texas native has fit in well so far. Aldridge collected 24 points and 14 rebounds in San Antonio’s 95-87 victory over Boston on Sunday.
Both clubs split the season series at one game apiece last season, highlighted by New York’s 104-100 triumph as 14.5-point underdogs. The OVER has paid out in each of the last four meetings between the Knicks and Spurs.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as TopBet had the New York Knicks installed as 7-point underdogs in this particular NBA matchup. The over-under betting line for the total number of point scored was listed by most sportsbooks, including Bodog, at 203.5.
Odds – VSB
score prediction models pick a 107-91 result in favor of the Spurs today. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NBA matchups here.
San Antonio Spurs vs New York Knicks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Knicks are 2-1 so far on the NBA season, and 2-1 ATS vs the spread betting line. The San Antonio Spurs, meanwhile, are 2-1 and 2-1 ATS. OVER/UNDER bettors have seen New York go 3-0 and the Spurs go 1-2 on the total. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs San Antonio injuries news.
The power rankings show a disparity between these teams with the New York Knicks rated this week at No. 28 and the San Antonio Spurs sitting at No. 2.
In rebounding, the battle of the boards features New York’s No. 14-rated NBA squad against San Antonio’s No. 9-rated roster. When it comes to long-range shooting, New York rates No. 18 in the league with 8 per game, while their foes tonight rank No. 25 with 6.33 per outing.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- San Antonio is 15-7 ATS in its last 22 games
- San Antonio is 16-6 SU in its last 22 games
- San Antonio is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Antonio’s last 5 games on the road
- New York is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games
- New York is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- New York is 5-13 SU in its last 18 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New York’s last 5 games
Next Betting Matchups
San Antonio at Washington, Wednesday, November 4th
New York at Cleveland, Wednesday, November 4th