The Blackhawks won their fifth game in a row last night in their 3-2 victory over the Stars in Dallas and will now meet them back in the Windy City to complete the second half of their home-and-home against Tyler Seguin and the Stars on back-to-back nights.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of these team’s last 5 matchups.
- The home team is 1-4 in the last 5 matchups between the Stars and Blackhawks.
- The Stars are 2-6 on the puckline in their last 8 games.
Chicago has been the much better team in the second half of back-to-backs over the last two season as they are 7-3 in their last 10 games with no days of rest while the Stars are just 2-8 in the second half of their last 10 back-to-backs.
The Stars have gotten out to a slow start offensively and as was predicted at the start of the season, when this team doesn’t score in bunches, they don’t win. Dallas has allowed over 32 shots per game so far and they do not have the quality of netminders that can allow the Stars to succeed giving up that volume of shots.
Luckily for the Stars, the Blackhawks have not been one of the better teams at generating shots and scoring chances and if they can get to the powerplay, they should be able to come out on top. Chicago has given up the most powerplay goals in the NHL and the Stars had one of the best PP units in the league last year.
The Hawks have been slump-busters for a few teams this season and Dallas is in a definite rut. If there was a game for them to get rolling, this is it.
Dallas Stars vs Chicago Blackhawks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Blackhawks sit at 8-3-1 on the season; in comparison, the Dallas Stars are currently 4-5-2. Looking to wager on the totals? Chicago is 5-5-2 OU, and Dallas is 4-7 OU. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Dallas injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
NHL Power Rankings have the Chicago Blackhawks at No. 6 and the Dallas Stars at No. 10 heading into this contest.
The game also pits Chicago’s No. 2-ranked offense, averaging 3.64 goals per game, against a Stars defense that ranks No. 23 at 3.1 goals allowed. The Blackhawks power play is averaging 22.73% while the Stars defense kills off 75.68% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Dallas is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- Dallas is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Dallas’s last 7 games
- Dallas is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- Chicago is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Chicago is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago’s last 6 games
- Chicago is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Dallas at Winnipeg, Tuesday, November 8th
Chicago at St. Louis, Wednesday, November 9th