The Dallas Stars have been on a tear to start the new NHL season and will be looking to continue that momentum into Thursday’s clash with the Pittsburgh Penguins at the CONSOL Energy Center. Dallas is 5-1-0 through its first six games, while the Pens (3-3-0) have rebounded to win three straight games after enduring a tough opening three matchups.
- Sidney Crosby recently snapped a six-game goal scoring drought, the longest of his career.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the last five meetings between the clubs.
- The Pens are averaging just 1.67 goals per game, leading to the UNDER going 0-4-2 so far.
Recent history shows the Stars have not enjoyed life in the Steel City. In its last seven trips to Pittsburgh, Dallas has won just once. The contest ends a season-high five-game homestand for the Pens, which has seen goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury stand on his head. Fleury is 3-0-0 with a 0.99 goals against average and .963 save percentage during his team’s winning streak at home.
Antti Niemi is slated to start between the pipes for Dallas. Niemi is 2-1-0 with a 2.33 GAA and .930 save percentage in his first three games with the Stars after coming over from San Jose in the offseason.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
NHL Hockey odds makers at Bodog
had the Pittsburgh Penguins as -127 moneyline favorites in this betting matchup. Those over under betting saw the line open at 5.5 at BetOnline.
Odds – VSB
score prediction models pick a 3.5-1.9 result in favor of the Stars today. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Dallas Stars vs Pittsburgh Penguins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Pittsburgh Penguins sport a record of 3-3-0 heading into this matchup, while the Dallas Stars sit at 5-1-0 on the season. The OVER/UNDER records are 0-4-2 for the Penguins and 4-2 for the Stars. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs Dallas injuries news.
The Pittsburgh Penguins sit at No. 27 in the current NHL power poll here at Odds – VSB
, while the Dallas Stars sit at a No. 2 on the same chart.
Offensively, the game matches up the Pittsburgh Penguins No. 28-ranked offense (1.67 goals per game) against a Dallas Stars defense that ranks No. 11 at 2.33 goals per game allowed. The Penguins powerplay has clicked at a 11.76% rate while the Stars have a 83.33% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Dallas won its last outing, a 2-1 result against the Flyers on October 20. Bettors who backed the Stars at -111 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (3) sent UNDER bettors to the payout window.
- Dallas is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas’s last 5 games
- Dallas is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Dallas’s last 17 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Pittsburgh’s last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Pittsburgh’s last 10 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Dallas
Next Betting Matchups
Dallas home to Florida, Saturday, October 24th
Pittsburgh at Nashville, Saturday, October 24th