Let’s get one thing straight — the Super Bowl is not an excuse to hand that hard earned paper over to some greasy bookie who’s looking to cash in on the greatest sports betting extravaganza known to man. It is, however, an excuse to do a little bit of homework with help from us, bleed that bookie dry and force him to leave the country and his family due to great shame and even greater debt. Harsh, perhaps, but winning is the name of the game, and if it’s us against him, I’ll opt to destroy his life every single time.
Now, onto the business at hand — winning money. I dug deep into some stats and trends for Patriots vs Falcons to provide you with some insights for Sunday’s game. I’ve broken them down into a few different categories to make them easier to sort through.
For more Super Bowl LI betting tools, check out our Patriots vs Falcons matchup page, our Live Cheat Sheet and our Ultimate Props Page.
KEEP CHSING THAT PAPER!
Against the Spread and Outright Results
- Underdogs are 12-3 ATS in the last 15 Super Bowl and have won five straight outright wins.
- The Patriots are 19-9-2 ATS in their last 30 games as a favorite.
- In their last 13 games as a favorite in the 2-to-4 point range, the Patriots are 4-9 SU and ATS.
- The Falcons are 20-7 ATS in their last 27 games as an underdog.
- As an underdog in the 2-to-4 point range, the Falcons have won seven straight games SU and ATS.
- The Patriots are 4-0 SU and ATS in their last four games against the Falcons. They last played in 2013.
- The Falcons are 7-1 ATS in their last eight games played at night.
- The Falcons are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games against AFC teams.
- The Falcons are 6-2 SU and 7-1 ATS in their last eight games as an underdog.
- The Falcons are 6-2 SU and ATS in their last eight games against teams with winning records.
- The Falcons are 0-5 SU and ATS in their last five games in the playoffs as an underdog.
- The Patriots are 7-0 ATS in their last seven games.
- The Patriots are 9-0 SU in their last nine games as favorite.
- The Patriots are 7-2 SU in their last nine games against NFC teams.
- The Patriots are 1-4 ATS in their last five games in the Super Bowl.
- The Patriots are 6-1 SU in their last seven games in the playoffs as favorite.
- Falcons’ OVER/UNDER record since this season — 16-2.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 consecutive Falcons’ games when playing in a dome.
- The total has gone OVER in the Falcons’ last eight games.
- The total has gone UNDER in three of the Patriots’ last four games in the Super Bowl.
- The total has gone OVER in six of the Patriots’ last seven games against teams with winning records.
- Specific to the 58.5 total, the Falcons have topped that number in a game eight times this season while the Patriots have gone OVER 58.5 just once.
- The Patriots are averaging 36.5 points over their last four games.
- The Falcons are averaging 39 points over their last six games.
- The total has gone OVER in three of the last four Super Bowls.
- Matt Ryan last six games — 18 TDs, 0 INTs.
- Tom Brady career numbers vs Falcons — nine TDs, one INT, 115.7 QB rating.
- Tom Brady career Super Bowl numbers — 13 TDs, four INTs, 95.3 QB Rating.
- Tom Brady outside of New England this season — 18 TDs, 0 INTs, 111.9 QB Rating.
- The Falcons have won 10 consecutive games that Matt Ryan didn’t throw an interception in.
- Atlanta has scored a touchdown on its opening drive in eight straight games.
- In their first nine games of the season, the Falcons allowed 28 or more points six times. In their nine games since, they’ve allowed 28 or more points just twice.
- The Falcons and Patriots have combined to score 30 or more points 23 times this season.
- The Patriots have a +1.2 average scoring margin in their six Super Bowls with Brady and Belichick.
- LeGarrette Blount has scored at least one rushing TD in six of his last seven games.
- Julio Jones has 100 or more receiving yards in 12 of his last 16 games when the Falcons are an underdog.
- Devonta Freeman scored just two TDs outside of Atlanta this season vs 11 at home.
Super Bowl Live on Facebook
Tune in on Super Bowl Sunday at 11:30am EST for our exclusive Super Bowl Live show featuring Jonny OddsShark and Andrew Avery. There’s plenty of betting information you’ll need to hear before placing your Super Bowl bets, so make sure you enable Facebook Live notifications today.
Enable OddsShark Live Notifications on Facebook