Northern Iowa has their work cut out for them Saturday when they welcome the first-ranked University of North Carolina Tarheels to town in college hoops action. UNI Has never hosted a top ranked team before today.
- The Tar Heels are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following an ATS loss.
- The OVER is 6-2-1 in the Panthers’ last 9 overall.
- The Panthers are 15-5-3 ATS in their last 23 games.
Considered by many NCAA pundits to be the title favorite prior to the beginning of the season, UNC has looked the part through three games. The Tar Heels are making their first road trip of the season and will be making a rare stop in Iowa. UNC hasn’t played in the state of Iowa since 1989.
The Panthers opened the season with an 84-78 loss to Colorado State in which they turned the ball over 17 times. UNI hung on for a 70-60 victory over Stephen F. Austin on Tuesday.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Bettors looking to go with the Northern Iowa Panthers in this one found them listed as 6-point underdogs earlier on the NCAA basketball betting odds menu at Bodog. Check for line moves and odds updates as money coming in on the Tar Heels was expected to move the line.
North Carolina Tar Heels vs Northern Iowa Panthers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Northern Iowa Panthers currently sport a 1-1 record overall in NCAA basketball action, and have posted a corresponding betting slate of 1-1 ATS. The North Carolina Tar Heels are 3-0 and 2-1 ATS. Betting totals have seen the Northern Iowa Panthers produce a 1-1 OVER/UNDER record on the season, while the North Carolina Tar Heels have gone 2-1 against the totals betting line.
According to new college basketball power rankings here at Odds – VSB
, it’s the No. 13-ranked Northern Iowa Panthers and the No. 22-rated North Carolina Tar Heels in this matchup.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- North Carolina is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of North Carolina’s last 5 games
- North Carolina is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- North Carolina is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Northern Iowa is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- Northern Iowa is 21-3 SU in its last 24 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Northern Iowa’s last 9 games
- Northern Iowa is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
North Carolina home to Northwestern, Monday, November 23rd
Northern Iowa at Dubuque, Wednesday, November 25th