There was no better college basketball team at going UNDER to close out last season than the Butler Bulldogs who failed to top the closing total in their final 10 games last season. Butler opens their new season when they host The Citadel Bulldogs Saturday.
- The Citadel is 4-21 SU in their last 25 road games.
- Butler ended last season on a 5-2 ATS run in their final seven games.
- The Citadel has never recorded a victory over a Top 25 team in their history.
There is no question that Butler’s attack will go through Kellen Dunham and Roosevelt Jones this season. Dunham has led the team in scoring the past two seasons and is a lethal shooter from beyond the arc, while Jones is a player of unique size that loves to live near the rim.
Fans of The Citadel are much more pessimistic heading into the season as the team lost their only two double-digit scorers from last seasons 11-19 squad.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Butler Bulldogs were listed as -27.5-point favorites at most sportsbooks tracked by Odds – VSB
earlier in the day. It opened first at BetOnline, where the over/under betting odds total was expected shortly.
The Citadel Bulldogs vs Butler Bulldogs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Butler Bulldogs currently sport a 0-0 record overall in NCAA basketball action, and have posted a corresponding betting slate of 0-0 ATS. The The Citadel Bulldogs are 0-0 and 0-0 ATS. Betting totals have seen the Butler Bulldogs produce a 11-21 OVER/UNDER record on the season, while the The Citadel Bulldogs have gone 14-5 against the totals betting line.
The power rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Butler Bulldogs rated this week at No. 48 and the The Citadel Bulldogs sitting at No. 298.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Citadel suffered a 73-56 loss against Furman on Friday, getting 11 points from Brian White in a losing effort at U.S. Cellular Center.
The Bulldogs got 23 points from Roosevelt Jones, but it was Notre Dame that prevailed in a 67-64 final on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
- The Citadel is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The Citadel is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of The Citadel’s last 11 games
- The Citadel is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- Butler is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- Butler is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Butler’s last 5 games
- Butler is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
The Citadel home to Stetson, Tuesday, November 17th
Butler at Missouri State, Thursday, November 19th