The Detroit Tigers have been tagged with a loss on the MLB moneyline in seven of their past 10 games against the Los Angeles Angels dating back to 2013 as those two teams meet on the diamond on Thursday night in baseball odds action.
Buck Farmer (0-0, 0.00 ERA) will be making his season debut for the Tigers in Thursday’s contest, while C.J. Wilson (2-3, 3.36 ERA) gets the ball for the Angels. Wilson has surrendered eight runs on 17 hits over his past 11 innings.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Los Angeles sat as -145 favorites earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 8.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – VSB computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4-3.6 victory for the Tigers.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
23-24 Los Angeles battles the Tigers, currently with a 28-20 mark. Stay Informed: Follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Detroit injuries news.
This game puts the Los Angeles Angels, most recently No. 18 in Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Detroit Tigers, who rate a No. 6 in the latest survey.
At the plate, Los Angeles owns the No. 29 ranking for hits at 7.66 per game. By contrast, the Detroit Tigers are rated No. 3 in the same category at 9.44 per game.
Detroit brings the No. 10-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Angels’s No. 9-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Detroit looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Athletics, a 3-2 final on Wednesday in support of Alex Wilson at O.co Coliseum.
Los Angeles didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-4 to San Diego on Wednesday at Angel Stadium.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games
- Detroit is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 5 games on the road
- Detroit is 3-13 SU in its last 16 games when playing LA Angels
- LA Angels is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of LA Angels’s last 20 games
- LA Angels is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Angels’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit at Los Angeles, Friday, May 29th