The Jays are rolling and will look for another series win this afternoon as they take on the Tigers at home. With a win and an Orioles loss, the Blue Jays will take over first place in the AL East. Aaron Sanchez (9-1, 2.94 ERA) will take the hill tonight against former Jay, Matt Boyd (0-2, 6.44 ERA).
- The Blue Jays are 5-0 in their last 5 home games vs the Tigers.
- Toronto is 11-6 in Aaron Sanchez starts this year.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 road games.
This will be Boyd’s first game since being recalled from Triple-A and he should be a little nervous, given how he has pitched this season and how hot the Jays’ offense is right now. In his last two Major League starts, Boyd has given up 13 combined runs over only eight innings pitched. His last game against the Jays, however, resulted in a Tigers win after he hurled 5.1 innings of three-hit, one-run ball.
Steady as she goes for Sanchez. Aaron leads the league in quality starts and winning percentage. This kid just keeps getting better and better but it’s likely he will soon be sent to the bullpen as he is approaching a yet to be announced innings cap. In his last start against the Tigers, Sanchez pitched eight innings, gave up only two runs and fanned 12 in a Jays 3-2 loss.
Detroit Tigers vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Toronto (50-39) will face the 45-42 Tigers in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Detroit injuries news.
This game puts the Toronto Blue Jays, most recently No. 1 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Detroit Tigers, who rate a No. 15 in the latest survey.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Toronto has baseball’s No. 6-rated offensive output, at 8.6 hits per game. The Detroit Tigers average 9.34 hits per game, good for No. 6 on the list.
Comparing defensive stats, Detroit owns the No. 23-rated road mark, allowing 4.96 runs per game on the highway. Toronto, on the other hand, rates No. 7 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
J Happ shut down the Tigers in their last game, striking out 9 in a 6-0 shutout over Detroit in baseball action at Rogers Centre.
- Detroit is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games
- Detroit is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games on the road
- Toronto is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Toronto is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games
- Toronto is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit at Toronto, Sunday, July 10th