The Tigers and the Red Sox will begin a series in Fenway tonight with Detroit looking to climb back into the Wild Card race. Justin Verlander (9-6, 3.71 ERA) will take the rock for the 51-48 Tigers to face Drew Pomeranz (8-7, 2.83 ERA) and the 55-41 AL Wild Card-leading BoSox.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the Tigers’ last 6 games on the road against the Red Sox.
- The Tigers are 1-4 in their last 5 games as a moneyline underdog of 130 or less.
- The Red Sox are 2-7 in their last 9 games as a moneyline favorite of -150 or less.
Pomeranz got welcomed to Fenway in style in his first start with the Red Sox. He got lit up for eight hits and five runs and lasted only three innings against San Fran in an 11-7 Boston win. The lefty will get his second chance to make a good impression tonight in first ever start against the Tigers.
Verlander has been solid since the stinker he posted against the Indians on June 26 and in his last two starts he has pitched a combined 15 innings and allowed only three runs on six hits. In his last start at Fenway, Verlander pitched eight innings of one-run baseball. He has, however, not faced Boston yet this season and the Tigers have lost four of the last five games Verlander has started. d Sox bats.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Detroit Tigers were 125 moneyline underdogs in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bodog. The total was 9.5 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.8-4.5 result in favor of the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Detroit Tigers vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
55-41 Boston battles the Tigers, currently with a 51-48 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Detroit injuries news.
The Boston Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers odds would favor the Red Sox if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Boston is rated No. 8 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Detroit is at No. 19.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Boston Red Sox and its No. 1-rated batting order, averaging 5.7 runs per nine innings, against the No. 11 line up of the Detroit Tigers at 4.62 runs per outing.
Comparing defensive stats, Detroit owns the No. 26-rated road mark, allowing 4.83 runs per game on the highway. Boston, on the other hand, rates No. 2 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Detroit didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-4 to Chicago on Sunday at U.S. Cellular Field.
Boston looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Twins, a 8-7 final on Sunday in support of R Porcello at Fenway Park.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Detroit’s last 13 games
- Detroit is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games on the road
- Detroit is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Boston
- Boston is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games
- Boston is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit at Boston, Tuesday, July 26th