The Kansas City Royals are 0-2 for their supporters on the baseball betting lines at the sportsbooks in Johnny Cueto’s first two starts for the club as he takes the mound once again on Monday at home against the rival Detroit Tigers.
Cueto overall is 7-7 with a 2.69 ERA on the season, and in his two starts so far for the Royals the righthander has allowed five runs on 12 hits over 13 innings of work. Matt Boyd (1-2, 7.90 ERA) gets the start for the Tigers on Monday.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Kansas City Royals in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -188 at BetOnline for Monday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 7.5 at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.1-3.6 win for the Royals on Monday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Kansas City Royals sport a record of 66-44 heading into this matchup, while the Detroit Tigers sit at 54-57 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Detroit injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the Kansas City Royals at No. 22 and the Detroit Tigers at No. 27 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Kansas City has baseball’s No. 10-rated offensive output, at 9.15 hits per game. The Detroit Tigers average 9.52 hits per game, good for No. 1 on the list.
Kansas City owns the No. 7 defense, allowing 4.33 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Detroit’s No. 28-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Detroit didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 7-2 to Boston on Sunday at Comerica Park.
The Royals grabbed a win last time out, defeating J Quintana and the White Sox 5-4 on Sunday at Kauffman Stadium.
- Detroit is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 18 of Detroit’s last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games when playing Kansas City
- Detroit is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
- Kansas City is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Kansas City is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Kansas City’s last 8 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 5 games when playing Detroit
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit at Kansas City, Tuesday, August 11th