The Detroit Tigers are trying to stay close to the Cleveland Indians in the American League Central race, and a four-game series with the division rival Chicago White Sox could go a long way to bolstering their win total as the calendar reaches late July.
- The Tigers are 4-11 SU in their last 15 games against their division.
- The total has gone OVER in nine of the Tigers’ last 12 games after losing as a favorite.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of the Tigers’ last eight games as underdogs against the White Sox.
Mike Pelfrey and James Shields will take the hill for their respective clubs. Pelfrey (2-9, 4.95 ERA) has been awful on the road, going 0-6 in nine starts away from home this year. Pelfrey is 1-5 with a 5.81 ERA lifetime against the ChiSox.
Shields (4-11, 5.10) has a 1.91 ERA over his last four outings while allowing two or fewer runs in each. “Big Game James” is 7-6 with a 4.36 ERA in 20 career starts against the Tigers.
The Tigers have had Chicago’s number lately, claiming five out of the last seven clashes between the teams.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Chicago was a -127 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 10.5.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the White Sox to win this game 3.4-3.2. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
46-48 Chicago battles the Tigers, currently with a 49-46 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Detroit injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 25-rated Chicago White Sox and the league No. 19-ranked Detroit Tigers, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Chicago White Sox No. 24-ranked scoring average of 4.07 runs per game, against a Detroit Tigers offense rated No. 12 and scoring 4.64 runs per game. The White Sox have averaged 8.5 hits per game to date this season, less than the Tigers hitters have managed (9.16 per nine innings).
Detroit brings the No. 22-rated defense to this matchup, facing the White Sox’s No. 11-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Detroit looks to rebound from a loss to the Twins, who beat them 4-1 on Wednesday behind a start from E Santana at Comerica Park.
The White Sox got to extra innings, but lost when they got there against Seattle on Wednesday; it was a 6-5 final at Safeco Field in MLB wagering action.
- Detroit is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Detroit’s last 10 games
- Detroit is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games on the road
- Chi White Sox is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- Chi White Sox is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 7 games
- Chi White Sox is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit at Chicago, Friday, July 22nd