Chris Sale (10-2, 2.87 ERA) will take the mound for the White Sox in a Wednesday night matchup vs Mike Pelfrey (1-6, 4.68 ERA) and the Detroit Tigers a day after these two teams put up a combined 19 runs.
- The Tigers are 5-1 in their last six games against the White Sox.
- The White Sox are 11-3 in their last 14 games with Chris Sale as the starting pitcher.
- The total has gone OVER in four of the Tigers’ last five games against the White Sox.
Sale had a start to the season that made him everyone’s darling to take home the AL Cy Young. In his last seven games, however, the lanky White Sox ace has seen his ERA climb from a stingy 1.66 to 2.87. In his last outing vs the Tigers on June 4, Sale allowed 4 runs on 9 hits through 6.1 innings.
The Tigers head in to Wednesday night’s matchup as +160 road dogs and have a few things going for them, including Sale’s home/away splits. In 2016, the lefty has an ERA of 3.89 at US Cellular, and a 2.09 ERA on the road.
The boys from the Motor City have been hot against teams in the AL Central lately, winning seven of their last eight vs division rivals.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Detroit Tigers were listed as 174 underdogs on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 8.5 before betting started earlier on Wednesday over at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 6.8-3.6 win for the Tigers on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago White Sox bring a 32-33 record to the battle against the 33-31 Tigers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Detroit injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 29-rated Chicago White Sox and the league No. 10-ranked Detroit Tigers, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Chicago White Sox No. 20-ranked scoring average of 4.12 runs per game, against a Detroit Tigers offense rated No. 8 and scoring 4.77 runs per game. The White Sox have averaged 8.31 hits per game to date this season, less than the Tigers hitters have managed (9.39 per nine innings).
Chicago owns the No. 11 defense, allowing 4.12 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Detroit’s No. 21-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Tigers enjoyed a 11-8 victory at the expense of the White Sox on Tuesday, with J Zimmermann throwing 7 innings of 8-hit ball at U.S. Cellular Field.
- Detroit is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games
- Detroit is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Detroit is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games on the road
- Chi White Sox is 5-15 SU in its last 20 games
- Chi White Sox is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games at home
- Chi White Sox is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi White Sox’s last 5 games when playing Detroit
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit at Kansas City, Thursday, June 16th
Chicago at Cleveland, Friday, June 17th