Masahiro Tanaka has struggled with the pressure of the home crowd this season, as the Japanese-import has some pedestrian numbers at Yankee Stadium. Tanaka has a 4.19 ERA with opponents batting .247 in his six home starts this season, which has led to the Bronx Bombers going just 3-3 in those outings. The Yankees will send Tanaka to the bump when they continue their series with the Detroit Tigers Saturday.
- The Yankees are 8-2 in their past 10 games against the Tigers.
- J.D. Martinez is 4-for-6 with two home runs lifetime against Masahiro Tanaka.
- The Tigers are 1-5 in their past six games on the road.
The Tigers will trot Justin Verlander to the mound to in hopes that the veteran can continue his upward trend. Verlander has lasted at least seven innings in each of his last six starts while allowing a combined 10 earned runs in that span.
The Yanks enter the second game of the series riding a five-game winning streak – helping them climb past the .500 mark for the first time since April 13. During their winning streak, the Yankees have outscored their opponents 33-14.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, New York sat as -135 favorites earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 8.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.5-4.0 victory for the Yankees. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (31-30) will face the 30-30 Tigers in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Detroit injuries news.
The Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings have the New York Yankees at No. 5 and the Detroit Tigers at No. 13 heading into this contest.
At the plate, New York owns the No. 22 ranking for hits at 8.11 per game. By contrast, the Detroit Tigers are rated No. 6 in the same category at 9.2 per game.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and New York has the No. 13-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Tigers own the No. 21 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
C Sabathia shut down the Tigers in their last game, striking out 4 in a 4-0 shutout over Detroit in baseball action at Yankee Stadium.
- Detroit is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- Detroit is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games on the road
- Detroit is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games when playing NY Yankees
- NY Yankees is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- NY Yankees is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games when playing Detroit
- NY Yankees is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Detroit
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit at New York, Sunday, June 12th
Tagged with: feature