All eyes will be on LaMarcus Aldridge when he returns to Portland as a member of the Spurs to take on a Trail Blazers team that he was a part of since he entered the league in 2006. Aldridge will try to reverse a trend he helped contribute to as a member of the Blazers, as San Antonio is just 3-12 SU in their last 15 games in Portland.
- The total has gone over in the Trail Blazers’ last five games.
- The Trail Blazers are 2-8 SU and ATS in their last 10 games after an ATS loss.
- The Spurs are 9-2 SU and 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games after consecutive ATS wins.
The Spurs have started the season 5-2 SU and are holding teams to just 91.7 points per game. So far on the season Aldridge has seen a reduction in minutes, playing just 29:29 minutes per game compared to his career average of 35:23.
Portland is 4-4 SU in what’s viewed as somewhat of a transition year after the departure of their all-star big man. Damian Lillard is off to a strong start, averaging 27.5 points and 7.3 assists per game. He’s also put up 26.5 points per game in 11 career games vs the Spurs.
The Spurs have a recent history of playing well in November, as they’ve gone 11-1 SU in their last 12 November games, while going 6-1 ATS in their last seven road games in November.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Odds makers at BetOnline opened the Portland Trail Blazers as 6.5-point underdogs in this betting matchup earlier today, while the OVER/UNDER betting line was sitting around 201 earlier at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 108-99 win for the Spurs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NBA matchups here.
San Antonio Spurs vs Portland Trail Blazers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Portland battles the San Antonio Spurs, currently with a 5-2 mark (5-2 ATS). The OVER/UNDER records, important for totals betting, are 5-3 for the Portland Trail Blazers and 2-4-1 for the San Antonio Spurs. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Portland vs San Antonio injuries news.
The power rankings show a disparity between these teams with the Portland Trail Blazers rated this week at No. 14 and the San Antonio Spurs sitting at No. 2.
In rebounding, the battle of the boards features Portland’s No. 15-rated NBA squad against San Antonio’s No. 8-rated roster. When it comes to long-range shooting, Portland rates No. 2 in the league with 10.38 per game, while their foes tonight rank No. 25 with 6.43 per outing.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- San Antonio is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- San Antonio is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Antonio’s last 6 games
- San Antonio is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Portland is 5-11-1 ATS in its last 17 games
- Portland is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Portland’s last 5 games
- Portland is 16-7 SU in its last 23 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Antonio home to Philadelphia, Saturday, November 14th
Portland at Memphis, Friday, November 13th