It’s early in the season but the Minnesota Twins have quickly cemented themselves as the best UNDER play in the MLB. The Twins have posted an OVER/UNDER record of 1-5-2 through their first eight games with the UNDER hitting in each of their past five. The Twins will close out their three-game series with the Detroit Tigers on Thursday.
– Shark BITES
- Phil Hughes is 1-6 with a 5.64 ERA in six starts against the Tigers over the past two seasons.
- The Twins are 0-5 SU and 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against the Tigers.
- The Tigers are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games at home against teams with winning records.
Any concerns about Phil Hughes following surgery to deal with thoracic outlet syndrome was put to rest in his first start of the season. Hughes went 6.0 innings of one-run ball in his first start against the Chicago White Sox last week. The Twins offense has dropped off drastically after starting hot, as Minny is averaging just 2.5 runs and batting a combined .202 in the past four.
Jordan Zimmermann gets his second start of the season following a solid first outing. The right-hander went 6.0 innings and allowed just four hits and one run against Boston but only registered three strikeouts. Detroit sits atop the AL Central despite Miguel Cabrera’s poor performance at the plate, as the normally consistent slugger is batting just .107 with nine strikeouts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Detroit Tigers as -145 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 9 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bovada.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 3.3-3.2 win for the Twins. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Detroit (6-2) will face the 5-3 Twins in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Detroit vs Minnesota injuries news.
This game puts the Detroit Tigers, most recently No. 6 in Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings, up against the Minnesota Twins, who rate a No. 18 in the latest survey.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Minnesota Twins rank No. 23 at 7.12 hits per game. That compares with the Detroit Tigers No. 30 ranking in that category.
Defensively, Minnesota features the No. 5-rated defense on the road, allowing 3 runs per game. Detroit, meanwhile, comes in at No. 18 at home, scoring 4 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Minnesota is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games
- Minnesota is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 5 games
- Minnesota is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Detroit is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Detroit is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games
- Detroit is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Minnesota home to Chicago, Friday, April 14th
Detroit at Cleveland, Friday, April 14th