After a rocky start to his season Ervin Santana has rebounded, leading the Minnesota Twins to four straight wins when he takes the mound. Minnesota will put that streak on the line when they continue their series with the Detroit Tigers on Wednesday.
- The Tigers are 7-17 SU in their past 24 games.
- Twins OF Torii Hunter is expected back in the lineup after getting a day off Tuesday.
- Twins 1B Joe Mauer will be looking to make it to base safely for the 36th consecutive game.
Santana, who was suspended for the first half of the season due to PED usage, has flourished in his past three starts allowing just three earned runs while striking out 17 batters.
The Tigers have struggled against the Twins this season, dropping four of their past five games against their division rivals. Detroit only managed to tally 18 runs through those five games while allowing the Twins to plate 35 runners.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Detroit Tigers listed as underdogs of 145 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 8.5, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Twins to win this game 5.5-2.7. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Minnesota Twins bring a 75-69 record to the battle against the 66-78 Tigers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Minnesota vs Detroit injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 13-rated Minnesota Twins and the league No. 29-ranked Detroit Tigers, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB
On offense, it’s a battle between the Minnesota Twins and its No. 12-rated batting order, averaging 4.33 runs per nine innings, against the No. 13 line up of the Detroit Tigers at 4.33 runs per outing.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Minnesota has the No. 18-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Tigers own the No. 28 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Detroit rolled to a 5-4 win against Minnesota on Tuesday, as A Simon and the Tigers’ bats led the team to victory at Target Field.
- Detroit is 7-17 SU in its last 24 games
- Detroit is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Detroit’s last 10 games on the road
- Detroit is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Minnesota
- Minnesota is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Minnesota is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games at home
- Minnesota is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Detroit
- Minnesota is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Detroit
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit home to Kansas City, Friday, September 18th
Minnesota home to Los Angeles, Thursday, September 17th