It hasn’t always been pretty for UNC this season, but the Tar Heels have still yet to drop a game at Chapel Hill. UNC has gone a perfect 8-0 SU at home this season while outscoring opponents by an average of 26.6 points per game. The Tar Heels will look to climb the ACC standings when they host NC State Saturday.
- NC State is 2-18 SU in their past 20 against UNC.
- UNC is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games against ACC opponents.
- NC State is 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games on the road.
Joel Berry II broke out of his slump in UNC’s last game against Clemson with the junior notching 31 points while shooting 7-of-10 from beyond the arc. Berry has been inconsistent for the Tar Heels this season, as he has six games of 20-plus points and six of single-digit points.
You can’t talk about NC State without gushing about Dennis Smith Jr., as the freshman is in contention for the top pick in the upcoming NBA draft. Smith is coming off the best game of his collegiate career, as he recorded just the second triple-double in NC State’s 64-year history. Backcourt partner Terry Henderson has gone overlooked due to Smith, but the senior is averaging 16.2 points while shooting over 47 percent from the floor.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Bettors looking to go with the North Carolina Tar Heels in this one found them listed as -13-point favorites earlier on the NCAA basketball betting odds menu at Bovada. Check for line moves and odds updates as money coming in on the Wolfpack was expected to move the line.
North Carolina State Wolfpack vs North Carolina Tar Heels Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The North Carolina Tar Heels sport a record of 13-3 and 9-7 ATS heading into this betting matchup, while the North Carolina State Wolfpack have 12-3 and 7-6 ATS marks on the season. The OVER/UNDER records are 6-10 for the North Carolina Tar Heels and 9-4 for the North Carolina State Wolfpack.
The power rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the North Carolina Tar Heels rated this week at No. 18 and the North Carolina State Wolfpack sitting at No. 78.
Scoring and defensive stats point to some betting edges in this matchup. The game features North Carolina’s No. 11-ranked scoring average of 87.94 PPG, against a North Carolina State Wolfpack defense rated No. 193 and allowing 73.93 PPG. The North Carolina Tar Heels FG% has averaged 47.27% to date this season, less than the North Carolina State Wolfpack shooters have managed so far (49.78% per game).
Recent Outings Betting Recap
North Carolina State cruised to victory on Wednesday, running Virginia Tech out of the gym and running up a 104-78 score at PNC Arena.
North Carolina got 31 points from Joel Berry II en route to a 89-86 victory over Clemson on Tuesday at Littlejohn Coliseum.
- North Carolina State is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- North Carolina State is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- North Carolina State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of North Carolina State’s last 6 games on the road
- North Carolina is 21-4 SU in its last 25 games
- North Carolina is 19-2 SU in its last 21 games at home
- North Carolina is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing North Carolina State
- North Carolina is 19-2 SU in its last 21 games when playing North Carolina State
Next Betting Matchups
North Carolina State at Boston College, Wednesday, January 11th
North Carolina at Wake Forest, Wednesday, January 11th