The Mets and Cardinals will play the rubber match in their three-game set tonight after a double-header that saw the two 53-win teams come away with a game apiece. The Mets will go to Logan Verrett (3-6, 4.14 ERA) in a matchup with veteran Adam Wainwright (9-5, 4.09 ERA).
- The favored team is 7-2 in its last 9 games in this matchup.
- The Cards are 11-3 in their last 14 games on the road after a loss on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of the Cards’ last 12 games on the road against the Mets.
The second-year man Verrett has never faced the Cardinals but has been great at Citi Field. In 15 appearances at home, the Texan has posted a 3.16 ERA and 2-3 record through 31.1 Innings pitched.
Waino is definitely not having the best year of his career but he has put together four-straight quality starts including a complete game shutout of the Marlins. The 35-year-old has had no success away from Busch Stadium this year, posting a 6.23 ERA in nine starts.
Both teams are locked into a race for one of the two wild-card spots and runs have been at a premium. The total has been set at eight and with offenses sputtering, the UNDER may be worth a look.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, New York sat as 124 underdogs earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 8, according to MyBookie.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.2-2.9 win for the Mets. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
St. Louis Cardinals vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Mets bring a 53-46 record to the battle against the 53-47 Cardinals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs St. Louis injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 10-rated New York Mets and the league No. 3-ranked St. Louis Cardinals, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting St. Louis Cardinals rank No. 14 at 8.88 hits per game. That compares with the New York Mets No. 30 ranking in that category.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and New York has the No. 1-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Cardinals own the No. 10 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Cardinals were saddled with a loss last time out in J Garcia’s start, as they lost 3-1 against New York on Tuesday at Citi Field.
- St. Louis is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- St. Louis is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- St. Louis is 12-4 ATS in its last 16 games on the road
- St. Louis is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of NY Mets’ last 14 games
- NY Mets are 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- NY Mets are 10-5 SU in its last 15 games at home
- NY Mets are 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at Miami, Thursday, July 28th
New York home to Colorado, Thursday, July 28th