The Arizona Wildcats are trying to keep their grip on the Pac-12 lead when they host the USC Trojans on Thursday night. The Wildcats have been nearly flawless SU at home this season, but have gone just 4-9-1 ATS at the McKale Center and haven’t covered in their past six in front of friendly fans.
– Shark BITES
- USC is 2-8 SU and 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games against Arizona.
- USC is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games against teams with winning records.
- Lauri Markkanen recorded 23 points and 8 rebounds against USC earlier this season.
Arizona should be at full strength, as starting point guard Kadeem Allen and starting center Dusan Ristic are expected to play after missing time in the past two games. Their absence wasn’t a huge factor with Lauri Markkanen picking up the slack, as the freshman averaged 22.5 points and 12 rebounds while shooting 53.4 percent in the past two outings.
USC has lost its last two games, but setbacks to Oregon and UCLA don’t do much to hamper the Trojans’ chances to make March Madness. Since returning from a knee injury earlier this month, Bennie Boatwright has been a force for USC. The sophomore forward has averaged 17.4 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists while shooting 42.1 percent in the past five games.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Odds makers at sportsbooks such as Bovada had set the Arizona Wildcats as -9-point favorites on the opening betting line for this contest. The betting line may have moved, check for updates at shops such as MyBookie.
USC Trojans vs Arizona Wildcats Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The USC Trojans will look to cover the spread vs the Arizona Wildcats on Thursday, as the Trojans are 13-13 ATS versus the spread this season, while the Wildcats are 13-14-1 ATS. USC is 13-13 against the total, while Arizona is 12-15-1 versus the total betting line.
The Odds – Shark Power Rankings have the Arizona Wildcats at No. 25 and the USC Trojans at No. 154 heading into this college basketball betting matchup.
When it comes to rebounds, the visiting USC Trojans rank No. 78 in NCAA Basketball Division 1 with 37.41 per game. That compares with Arizona’s No. 92 ranking in that category. The story is different when it comes to three-point shooting where Arizona is college basketball’s No. 195-ranked team at 6.54 per game, while the USC Trojans rate No. 97 with 7.96 per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- USC is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- USC is 6-12 ATS in its last 18 games
- USC is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of USC’s last 5 games
- Arizona is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Arizona is 19-1 SU in its last 20 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona’s last 8 games
- Arizona is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
USC at Arizona State, Sunday, February 26th
Arizona at UCLA, Saturday, February 25th