Rodgers Vs Brees! The Battle of the NFC Elites! Our Team has you covered with all the Analysis on the Favorable live odds including sports betting picks.
Vegas Sports Betting has all the weekly analysis and sports betting odds coverage for practically every NFL game this week. Our top sportsbooks have their odds ready for week 8 of the NFL regular season, so sign up and get your betting slips ready on time. Our NFL Week 8 Sunday Night betting pick includes a NFC matchup where the Green Bay Packers face the New Orleans Saints. First, we will begin describing the greatest sports betting odds between the two followed by our sports prediction.
Week 7 Top Performers:
- Aaron Rodgers: 255 yards and three touchdowns
- Eddie Lacy: 63 yards and a touchdown
- Randall Cobb: 121 yards and a touchdown
Factors to consider:
- Coming off a dominating week 7 win at home against the Carolina Panthers (38-17)
- Playing on the road, weather not a factor as they play at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- Green Bay needs a win this week and a Lions loss to move to first place in the NFC North
- Packers are on a four game winning streak, looking to continue this hot streak on the road to improve their record to six wins.
- Packers offense is much more effective in the passing game then in their struggling rush offense.
- Packer’s running backs, Eddie Lacy and James Starks, continue to struggle
- Going up against a weak Saints pass defense ranked 28th in passing yards allowed (270.5 YPG)
- Expect Aaron Rodger to be involved a lot in the passing game; Rodger to throw for over 300 yards with 3 TDs
- Wide Receiver, Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson, will be Rodgers favorite targets throughout the entire game.
- Biggest Challenge: Preventing Drew Brees to get his rhythm with his offense
- Packers defense face the #2 offense in the NFL (437 YPG), mostly coming from the passing offense (ranked #2 with 314 YPG)
- Packers ranked 6th in pass defense; expect them to give Drew Brees and his offense a tough time.
- Packers rush defense ranked 31st, though Saints suffers with many injuries in the running back position.
Week 7 Top Performers:
- Drew Brees: 342 yards and two touchdowns
- Marques Colston : 111 yards
- Kenny Stills: 103 yards and a touchdown
Factors to consider:
- Saint suffered a tough loss in their week 7 matchup against the Detroit Lions (23-24)
- Although they have a 2-4 record, they are only one game back from first place in the NFC South and therefore still have postseason hopes.
- Saints are in a must win situation
- Playing with home field advantage
- Drew Brees and his offense are ranked #2 in total offense (437 YPG)
- Saints offense up against the 6th pass defense in the NFL, though 31st in rush defense
- Expect Khiry Robinson to get lots of carries considering the Packers low rush defense ranking
- Expect Drew Bree to throw well over 300 yards and 2 TDs, regardless of the high ranked pass defense
- The Saints have a very weak passing defense as they are ranked 28th in the NFL in yards allowed
- Expect them to struggle against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense
- Their biggest challenges would have to be stopping Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson
- Stopping the struggling RB Eddie Lacy should not be a problem as they are ranked 11th in rushing yard allowed (103.2 YPG).
When: Sunday, October 26th, 2014,
Time: 8:25pm (Eastern Time)
Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, USA
Opening NFL odds: New Orleans Saints -2
NFL Betting Odds from: Bovada
Green Bay is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
Green Bay is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
Green Bay is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Green Bay’s last 7 games
New Orleans is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
New Orleans is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
New Orleans is 8-1-1 ATS in its last 10 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Orleans’s last 6 games
Week 9 Matchups
Green Bay home to Chicago, Sunday, November 9th
New Orleans at Carolina, Thursday, October 30th
According to the odds tables, the New Orleans Saints are coming into Sunday Night’s game as a slight favorite with a -2 spread. These odds and lines are quickly going to be changing as lots many will be betting in favor of Green. Our team highly believes that the Packers will win this game and enough to cover the spread. That said, our sports betting pick would have to be Green Bay Packers +1. Considering the Packers high caliber team and their situation, the should have no problem beating the Saints.
Sports Betting Pick: Green Bay Packers +1
Sign up to Bovada or any of the best sportsbooks listed on our top sportsbook page for all your favorable odds and betting advice. Vegas Sports Betting provides the latest updates, analysis and previews on all sports matchups to make your betting experience as comfortable as possible.
Follow us on twitter at: https://twitter.com/VegasSB1