One should be accustomed to seeing plenty of points on the scoreboard when Virginia Tech and Florida State clash. This has led to the OVER hitting in the past five between the Hokies and Seminoles. In their one meeting during the regular season, FSU defeated Virginia Tech 93-78 in a game that easily topped the 160 total.
– Shark BITES
- FSU is 3-1 SU and ATS in its last 4 games.
- Virginia Tech is 6-1-1 ATS in its last 8 games against teams with winning records.
- Virginia Tech is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games after winning as an underdog.
The Seminoles have the second-highest scoring offense in the ACC thanks to their play in the paint with the team scoring 55 percent of its points within the arc. Dwayne Bacon loves to drive and freshman phenom Jonathan Isaac has been patiently controlling the paint all season. Bacon is FSU’s real offensive star with the sophomore scoring double digits in all but one game this season while topping 15 points on 19 occasions.
Virginia Tech has had the most efficient offense in the conference with the Hokies pacing the ACC in field goal percentage and 3-point percentage. Seth Allen and Zach LeDay rank inside the top 10 in the conference in FG percentage with both hitting over 53 percent of their shots. LeDay is coming off a ridiculously good performance against Wake Forest in the second round, as the senior scored 31 points while notching 15 rebounds.
Virginia Tech Hokies vs Florida State Seminoles Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
This college basketball season, the Florida State Seminoles are 24-7 overall and 19-12 ATS, while the Virginia Tech Hokies are 22-9 and 15-11-1 ATS. As for the betting totals, Florida State boasts a 17-14 on the OU, and Virginia Tech is 14-13.
This college basketball game matches up the No. 32 (Florida State) and the No. 230 (Virginia Tech) teams in the league, according to our current NCAA basketball power rankings.
The game also pits Florida State’s No. 15-ranked offense, averaging 83.03 PPG, against a Hokies defense that ranks No. 179 at 74.42 PPG. The Seminoles field goal percentage has averaged 48.53% so far, less than the Hokies marksmen have achieved on the year, 49.3% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Wake Forest was victimized by Zach LeDay for 31 points as the Hokies defeated the Demon Deacons 99-90 in college hoops action on Wednesday.
Florida State got 23 points from Dwayne Bacon en route to a 66-57 victory over Miami on Saturday at Tucker Center.
- Virginia Tech is 7-1-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- Virginia Tech is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Virginia Tech’s last 6 games
- Virginia Tech is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Florida State
- Florida State is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games
- Florida State is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Florida State’s last 5 games
- Florida State is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Virginia Tech