Unlike other ACC teams, Virginia and Notre Dame have not faced off all that often. Since the Irish joined the conference in 2013, they have dropped all five games against the Cavaliers with four of those losses coming by double digits. There would be no better time for Notre Dame to finally vanquish Virginia than in the ACC tournament Thursday.
– Shark BITES
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the past 5 games between Virginia and Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games.
- Virginia is 5-0 SU and ATS in its last 5 games against Notre Dame.
The Irish saw their six-game winning streak snapped in their regular season finale against Louisville when they shot just 7-for-25 from deep, which is normally a strength for the squad. Of course, you can’t talk about Notre Dame without mentioning Bonzie Colson, the best small-ball big man in the country. Despite standing just 6’5”, the junior has averaged 17.5 points and 10.8 rebounds during conference play.
Don’t look now, but Virginia has become red-hot from downtown. The normally defensive-focused Cavaliers have been shooting 52.6 percent from beyond the arc during their current four-game winning streak. The big reason for this recent uptake in threes is Kyle Guy, as the freshman has gone 16 of 25 from deep in the past four games while averaging 15.5 ppg.
Virginia Cavaliers vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
This college basketball season, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are 23-8 overall and 16-8-1 ATS, while the Virginia Cavaliers are 22-9 and 19-11 ATS. As for the betting totals, Notre Dame boasts a 13-12 on the OU, and Virginia is 11-19.
It’s a betting matchup between the No. 78-rated Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the No. 52-ranked Virginia Cavaliers, according to the latest pro hoops power rankings here at Odds – Shark.
When it comes to rebounds, the visiting Virginia Cavaliers rank No. 234 in NCAA Basketball Division 1 with 32.97 per game. That compares with Notre Dame’s No. 205 ranking in that category. The story is different when it comes to three-point shooting where Notre Dame is college basketball’s No. 19-ranked team at 9.55 per game, while the Virginia Cavaliers rate No. 170 with 7 per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Virginia got 20 points from Kyle Guy en route to a 75-63 victory over Pittsburgh on Wednesday at Barclays Center.
Notre Dame got 20 points from Bonzie Colson but lost anyway, 71-64, to Louisville on Saturday at KFC Yum! Center.
- Virginia is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Virginia is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Virginia’s last 7 games
- Virginia is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Notre Dame
- Notre Dame is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- Notre Dame is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Notre Dame’s last 5 games
- Notre Dame is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Virginia