The Chicago White Sox recorded only five hits in a 7-0 defeat to the Los Angeles Angels on Friday, but they’ll try and put forth a better effort when the two sides square off at Angel Stadium on Saturday.
- The White Sox are 0-6 in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a losing record.
- The Angels are 1-4 in Shoemaker’s last 5 starts.
- The UNDER is 4-1-1 in the Angels last 6 games.
James Shields and Matt Shoemaker are the probable starters for the White Sox and Angels. Shields (4-10, 5.42 ERA) has gone 2-1 over his last four starts while allowing fewer than three runs in three of those outings. The 34-year-old is 6-3 with two complete games, one shutout and a 3.31 ERA in 13 career starts against the Angels.
Shoemaker (4-9, 4.45) is just 1-4 at home this season but has been much better over his last five outings, allowing a total of four runs in 35.5 innings while producing three scoreless performances in that span.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The moneyline was hovering in the range of -146 for the Los Angeles Angels in this one over at Bodog. The over under number was sitting near 8.5 at 5Dimes.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.9-2.9 victory for the Angels. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Los Angeles Angels Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
38-52 Los Angeles battles the White Sox, currently with a 45-44 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Chicago injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Los Angeles Angels rated this week at No. 21 and the Chicago White Sox sitting at No. 15.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Los Angeles Angels and its No. 14-rated batting order, averaging 4.56 runs per nine innings, against the No. 24 line up of the Chicago White Sox at 4.13 runs per outing.
Chicago brings the No. 13-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Angels’s No. 18-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago didn’t plate a single run in their last outing, shut down by H Santiago in a losing cause, 7-0, against Los Angeles on Friday.
- Chi White Sox is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Chi White Sox is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- Chi White Sox is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Chi White Sox is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games on the road
- LA Angels is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- LA Angels is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- LA Angels is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Angels’s last 5 games
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Los Angeles, Sunday, July 17th