The battle of the Windy City has been a one-sided one so far, and it’s not the team you’d expect that’s doing the winning. The White Sox, fresh off some silly locker room drama, have taken the two straight against their crosstown rival as the home-and-home series shifts to the North Side. The White Sox enter the game as +197 underdogs.
- The White Sox are 12-5 in their last 17 games as underdogs against the Cubs.
- The total has gone UNDER in nine of the Cubs’ last 11 games.
- The Cubs are 4-1 in their last five games after losing as a favorite.
With the South Siders taking the first two games, the line seems a bit inflated at first, but it’s justified considering recent call-up Anthony Ranaudo is getting the start for the White Sox and he’s facing one of the league’s best offenses. Ranaudo has two appearances under his belt this season when he was a member of the Rangers and things didn’t go well. He allowed seven earned runs in just 3.2 innings of work.
It’s been an ugly July for the Cubs so far as they’re just 8-13 on the month. Tonight’s game will be the first of a much needed eight-game home stand and Jason Hammel will be tasked will silencing the bats of the light hitting White Sox — ranked 24th in runs scored. Hammel’s 2.70 home ERA is a full run lower than his road ERA. He’s 4-1 at Wrigley Field and has limited batters to a .197 average in his home starts.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.8-3.4 win for the Cubs on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (59-40) will face the 50-50 White Sox in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Chicago injuries news.
This game puts the Chicago Cubs, most recently No. 20 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Chicago White Sox, who rate a No. 23 in the latest survey.
At the plate, Chicago owns the No. 16 ranking for hits at 8.62 per game. By contrast, the Chicago White Sox are rated No. 19 in the same category at 8.48 per game.
Chicago owns the No. 2 defense, allowing 5.03 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Chicago’s No. 11-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Chi White Sox is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Chi White Sox is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Chi White Sox is 10-4 ATS in its last 14 games on the road
- Chi White Sox is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Chi Cubs’s last 11 games
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Chicago, Thursday, July 28th