Chris Sale returns to the mound after a bizarre incident over the weekend for the last game of a home-and-home series vs the Cubs. If you’re backing the White Sox today, who come in as +124 underdogs, you’ll be happy to hear that Sale has done his best work on the road this season, and it’s not even close. Sporting a 2.08 ERA in road games, Sale is 7-1 in 10 starts away from U.S. Cellular Field.
- In 52 combined at-bats vs Sale, Cubs hitters have a .192 batting average and 0 home runs.
- John Lackey is 3-7 in 16 career starts vs the White Sox.
- The White Sox are 0-5 in their last five games as road underdogs.
The Cubs will counter with John Lackey who’ll be attempting to get back on track after allowing four runs or more in four of his last six starts. The Cubs are just 1-6 in Lackey’s last seven starts, but he’s been good at home, posting a 2.84 ERA.
The trends point to the home team in this one, as the visitor is 0-4 in the last four games between the teams, and the favorite is 6-2 in the last eight. The Cubs opened the day as -134 favorites.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.9-2.8 win for the Cubs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
60-40 Chicago battles the White Sox, currently with a 50-51 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Chicago injuries news.
The Chicago Cubs vs Chicago White Sox odds would favor the Cubs if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Chicago is rated No. 20 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Chicago is at No. 23.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Chicago White Sox rank No. 20 at 8.45 hits per game. That compares with the Chicago Cubs No. 16 ranking in that category.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Chicago has the No. 1-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the White Sox own the No. 11 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago looks to rebound from a loss to the Cubs, who beat them 8-1 on Wednesday behind a start from J Hammel at Wrigley Field.
- Chi White Sox is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Chi White Sox is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Chi White Sox is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games on the road
- Chi White Sox is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Chi Cubs’s last 12 games
- Chi Cubs is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Minnesota, Friday, July 29th
Chicago home to Seattle, Friday, July 29th