Corey Kluber and Jose Quintana both rank in the bottom five for run support in baseball among pitchers with at least 10 starts on the season as they face off on Friday in a Cleveland Indians vs. Chicago White Sox MLB odds matchup.
Kluber is 5-10 with a 3.38 ERA on the season and has received just 2.65 runs per game of support from the Indians so far in 2015. Quintana is 4-9 with a 3.83 ERA on the season and has received just 2.63 runs per game of support.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Cleveland Indians were listed as -185 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 7.5 earlier at Bodog.
Odds – VSB computer score prediction models pick a possible 3.3-3.2 win for the White Sox on Friday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Cleveland (45-49) will face the 43-50 White Sox in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cleveland vs Chicago injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Cleveland Indians rated this week at No. 6 and the Chicago White Sox sitting at No. 14.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Cleveland has baseball’s No. 20-rated offensive output, at 8.35 hits per game. The Chicago White Sox average 8.19 hits per game, good for No. 24 on the list.
Defensively, Chicago features the No. 29-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.89 runs per game. Cleveland, meanwhile, comes in at No. 19 at home, scoring 3.91 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Indians, a 8-1 final on Thursday in support of J Samardzija at Progressive Field.
- Chi White Sox is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Chi White Sox is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Chi White Sox’s last 15 games when playing Cleveland
- Chi White Sox is 4-14 SU in its last 18 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Cleveland’s last 15 games when playing Chi White Sox
- Cleveland is 14-4 SU in its last 18 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Cleveland, Saturday, July 25th