To say James Shields has struggled to adjust to the American League would be a massive understatement. Since coming to the Chicago White Sox in a trade from the San Diego Padres earlier this month, Shields has given up 14 runs in seven innings for the ChiSox. He’ll try and turn things around Saturday against the Cleveland Indians.
- The White Sox are 0-5 in their last 5 Saturday games.
- The White Sox are 0-4 in the last 4 meetings.
- The UNDER is 9-3-2 in the Indians last 14 games.
Danny Salazar is scheduled to counter for the Indians. Salazar (7-3, 2.19 ERA) has allowed two runs and six hits with 17 strikeouts in 13.5 innings this month and has won five of his last six decisions.
White Sox slugger Todd Frazier will need to get going soon if he wants to help his team recover from their recent failures. Frazier is 0-for-15 with six strikeouts in a four-game span entering the tilt.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Cleveland sat as -201 favorites earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 8.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Indians to win this game 5.1-4.1. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Cleveland Indians Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
36-30 Cleveland battles the White Sox, currently with a 33-34 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cleveland vs Chicago injuries news.
The Cleveland Indians sit at No. 12 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Chicago White Sox sit at No. 29 on the same chart.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Chicago White Sox rank No. 20 at 8.3 hits per game. That compares with the Cleveland Indians No. 16 ranking in that category.
Cleveland owns the No. 6 defense, allowing 4.61 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Chicago’s No. 10-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The White Sox were saddled with a loss last time out in J Quintana’s start, as they lost 3-2 against Cleveland on Friday at Progressive Field.
- Chi White Sox is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Chi White Sox is 6-16 SU in its last 22 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi White Sox’s last 6 games
- Chi White Sox is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games on the road
- Cleveland is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 6 games
- Cleveland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Cleveland’s last 17 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Cleveland, Sunday, June 19th