A pair of American League teams battling to stay above .500 are set to do battle on the diamond when the Seattle Mariners play host to the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.
- The total has gone UNDER in eight of the Mariners’ last 11 games with Felix Hernandez as the starting pitcher.
- The White Sox are 6-2 SU in their last eight games during the afternoon.
- The White Sox are 0-4 SU in their last four games as underdogs against the Mariners.
Miguel Gonzalez and Felix Hernandez will take the bump for the ChiSox and M’s, respectively. Hernandez (4-4, 2.86 ERA) is making his first start in seven-plus weeks after suffering a calf injury against the Minnesota Twins on May 27. He will be activated from the disabled list prior to the contest.
Gonzalez (2-5, 4.40) has dropped four of his last five decisions and gave up at least seven runs in two of the outings. Gonzalez is 1-1 with a 4.50 ERA in three career starts against the Mariners.
Favorites are paying out at the betting window when these teams collide. In the last 10 matchups between the Sox and Mariners, favorites are a fantastic 9-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Seattle Mariners were listed as -180 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 8 earlier at Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.0-3.0 result in favor of the White Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Seattle Mariners Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
47-47 Seattle battles the White Sox, currently with a 46-47 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Seattle vs Chicago injuries news.
The Seattle Mariners sit at No. 17 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Chicago White Sox sit at No. 25 on the same chart.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago rolled to a 6-1 win against Seattle on Tuesday, as J Quintana and the White Sox’ bats led the team to victory at Safeco Field.
- Chi White Sox is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- Chi White Sox is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 6 games
- Chi White Sox is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- Seattle is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Seattle’s last 9 games
- Seattle is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games at home
- Seattle is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago home to Detroit, Thursday, July 21st
Seattle at Toronto, Friday, July 22nd