The Chicago White Sox made the best offense in baseball look weak on Monday, and they’ll be seeking to once again accomplish the feat when they invade Fenway Park for a date with the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday.
- The White Sox are 4-1 SU in their last five games on the road against the Red Sox.
- The favored team is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games in this matchup.
- The total has gone UNDER in the Red Sox’ last three games with a closing total of 9.0 or more.
Chris Sale is slated to start for the ChiSox, while Clay Buchholz will counter for Boston. Sale (11-2, 2.94 ERA) has not been his usual self over his last five starts, as the Florida native has accumulated a 6.07 ERA during that span. Sale was lit up for seven runs and 12 hits in five innings at Fenway on July 30 last season.
Buchholz is getting another opportunity to regain his spot in the starting rotation after being sent to the bullpen in May. Buchholz is 3-3 with a 4.04 ERA in nine career starts against Chicago.
Totals bettors will be interested to know this game is trending UNDER. In Boston’s last three games when facing totals of 9 or more, the UNDER is 3-0. Most shops opened the OVER/UNDER for the tilt at 9.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Boston Red Sox in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline underdogs of 110 at BetOnline for Tuesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 9 at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 6.2-3.1 win for the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Boston Red Sox sport a record of 39-30 heading into this matchup, while the Chicago White Sox sit at 34-36 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Chicago injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 9-ranked Boston Red Sox and the No. 29-rated Chicago White Sox in this matchup.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Boston Red Sox and its No. 1-rated batting order, averaging 5.67 runs per nine innings, against the No. 25 line up of the Chicago White Sox at 4.03 runs per outing.
Defensively, Chicago features the No. 13-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.25 runs per game. Boston, meanwhile, comes in at No. 2 at home, scoring 5.82 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago needed extra innings to get the job done against the Red Sox on Monday as the White Sox defeated them 3-1 at Fenway Park.
- Chi White Sox is 7-18 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi White Sox’s last 5 games
- Chi White Sox is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Chi White Sox’s last 21 games on the road
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Boston, Wednesday, June 22nd