The White Sox and Royals meet tonight as two teams with identical 54-59 records that have both fallen out of the playoff race. Kansas City still has one of the best home records in the league and will be a big favorite tonight as they send Danny Duffy (8-1, 2.97 ERA) to the bump.
- Duffy has not gone shorter than 6 innings since a game against the Mets on June 22.
- The White Sox are 3-13 as underdogs vs teams in the AL Central division.
- The Royals are 15-1 as favorites vs teams in the AL Central division.
Duffy is one of only six pitchers in the American League to own a sub 3.00 ERA and has led the Royals to eight straight wins in games he’s pitched. The lefty has actually been much better on the road but still owns a 4-0 record in nine starts at Kauffman stadium.
Miguel Gonzalez will toe the rubber for the White Sox in this one hoping to get his ERA under four for the first time since early June. Gonzalez has started 10 road games this season and has not earned a single win.
These teams are coming off a 14-inning game in which they used a combined 12 relievers. An early lead in this one may not hold with the used up bullpens so whichever starter goes longer could be earning the W tonight.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Kansas City Royals in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -170 at BetOnline for Thursday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 8 at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.6-4.3 win for the Royals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Kansas City (54-59) will face the 54-59 White Sox in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Chicago injuries news.
The Kansas City Royals sit at No. 29 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Chicago White Sox sit at No. 27 on the same chart.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Kansas City Royals No. 27-ranked scoring average of 3.84 runs per game, against a Chicago White Sox offense rated No. 26 and scoring 3.99 runs per game. The Royals have averaged 8.97 hits per game to date this season, more than the White Sox hitters have managed (8.55 per nine innings).
Chicago brings the No. 13-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Royals’s No. 15-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago lost in extra innings against the Royals on Wednesday as Kansas City edged them 3-2 at Kauffman Stadium.
- Chi White Sox is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Chi White Sox’s last 10 games
- Chi White Sox is 4-12 SU in its last 16 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 7 games on the road
- Kansas City is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Kansas City is 6-12 SU in its last 18 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas City’s last 6 games
- Kansas City is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Miami, Friday, August 12th
Kansas City at Minnesota, Friday, August 12th