The Kansas City Royals are fresh off their first series win since June and will attempt to make up some ground in the American League postseason race against the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday.
- The White Sox are 3-11 SU in their last 14 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of the Royals’ last 15 games on Tuesday.
- The Royals are 13-5 ATS in their last 18 games after winning as an underdog.
Chris Sale and Edinson Volquez are the probable starters for the Sox and Royals, respectively. Sale (14-5, 3.12 ERA) has allowed four runs and 13 hits over 22 innings in his last three starts, but has received a combined five runs of support from the offense. The ace is 8-9 in his career against Kansas City.
Volquez (8-10, 4.99) owns a 6-3 record and a 3.89 ERA in 13 home starts this year and boasts a 2-3 mark with a 2.89 ERA in seven career outings against the ChiSox.
Kauffman Stadium has not been friendly territory for Chicago. In its last 13 games in K.C., the White Sox are 3-10.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Kansas City Royals as 124 moneyline underdogs in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 7.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.5-4.1 victory for the Royals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Kansas City Royals sport a record of 53-58 heading into this matchup, while the Chicago White Sox sit at 53-58 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Chicago injuries news.
The Kansas City Royals sit at No. 29 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Chicago White Sox sit at No. 27 on the same chart.
At the plate, Kansas City owns the No. 11 ranking for hits at 8.94 per game. By contrast, the Chicago White Sox are rated No. 19 in the same category at 8.46 per game.
Defensively, Chicago features the No. 11-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.41 runs per game. Kansas City, meanwhile, comes in at No. 10 at home, scoring 4.65 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago looks to rebound from a loss to the Orioles, who beat them 10-2 on Sunday behind a start from D Bundy at U.S. Cellular Field.
Kansas City rolled to a 7-1 win against Toronto on Sunday, as Y Ventura and the Royals’ bats led the team to victory at Kauffman Stadium.
- Chi White Sox is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi White Sox’s last 8 games
- Chi White Sox is 3-11 SU in its last 14 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi White Sox’s last 5 games on the road
- Kansas City is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Kansas City is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Kansas City’s last 9 games
- Kansas City is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Kansas City, Wednesday, August 10th