The Kansas City Royals are coming off an ugly and embarrassing series to the lowly Oakland A’s, but they’ll try to pick up the pieces against the visiting Chicago White Sox on Friday.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of the White Sox’ last 14 games.
- The total has gone OVER in the Royals’ last six games after a loss.
- The White Sox are 10-1 SU and ATS in their last 11 games after losing the previous game in a matchup.
Chris Sale and Ian Kennedy are the probable starters. Sale (15-8, 3.03 ERA) has posted a 1.10 ERA over his last five starts and lasted at least eight innings in that span. The ace has recorded 48 strikeouts in 41 innings during that stretch but has given up five home runs.
Kennedy (11-9, 3.62) lowered his ERA to 3.14 since the All-Star break in his last turn. The hurler is 2-1 with a 3.38 ERA in four career outings against the Pale Hose.
Chicago has failed to produce when facing the Royals in K.C. recently, going 1-5 in their last six at Kauffman Stadium.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Kansas City was a 104 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 7.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 6.6-2.2 win for the White Sox on Friday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Kansas City Royals sport a record of 74-72 heading into this matchup, while the Chicago White Sox sit at 71-75 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Chicago injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Kansas City Royals at No. 26 and the Chicago White Sox at No. 10 heading into this contest.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Kansas City Royals and its No. 26-rated batting order, averaging 4.11 runs per nine innings, against the No. 23 line up of the Chicago White Sox at 4.2 runs per outing.
Comparing defensive stats, Chicago owns the No. 19-rated road mark, allowing 4.65 runs per game on the highway. Kansas City, on the other hand, rates No. 10 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago got the job done in their last match in a 2-1 victory over Cleveland on Thursday at U.S. Cellular Field behind starter J Shields.
The Royals endured a 14-5 loss at the hands of the Athletics on Thursday, with E Volquez throwing 3.1 innings of 7-hit ball at Kauffman Stadium.
- Chi White Sox is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
- Chi White Sox is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Chi White Sox’s last 14 games
- Chi White Sox is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Kansas City is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
- Kansas City is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Kansas City’s last 11 games
- Kansas City is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Kansas City, Saturday, September 17th