The Chicago White Sox have simply been unable to pick up victories in Detroit. The ChiSox have lost eight consecutive games at Comerica Park while being outscored 44-19 in that span. The White Sox will look to avoid a sweep at the hands of the Detroit Tigers in Thursday’s matinee action.
- Miguel Cabrera has a career .351 batting average against Jose Quintana.
- The Tigers are 10-2 against the runline in their past 12 games against the AL.
- The UNDER is 17-3 in Jose Quintana’s past 20 starts for the White Sox.
Jose Quintana – who takes the mound for the White Sox – is coming off his best month of the season. The lefty posted a 1.95 ERA while holding opponents to a .197 batting average in five starts throughout July.
The Tigers will welcome Jordan Zimmermann back to the rotation after the ace was sidelined a month with an injured neck. That certainly didn’t seem to affect him during his two rehab starts with Triple-A Toledo, as the righty posted a 1.13 ERA while giving up just one earned run across 8.0 innings.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Chicago White Sox were listed as 125 underdogs on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 8.5 before betting started earlier on Thursday over at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.8-2.8 win for the Tigers on Thursday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Detroit Tigers bring a 59-48 record to the battle against the 51-56 White Sox. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Detroit vs Chicago injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 14 (Detroit Tigers) and the No. 28 (Chicago White Sox) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
The game also pits Detroit Tigers No. 7-rated offense, averaging 4.81 runs per game, against a Chicago White Sox defense that ranks No. 11 at 4.34 in runs allowed per game. The Detroit Tigers have averaged 9.23 hits per game so far, more than Chicago White Sox batters have averaged on the year (8.46 hits per game).
Detroit owns the No. 18 defense, allowing 4.81 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Chicago’s No. 11-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
C Sale did his job in a losing cause last time out against Detroit, striking out 10 in a 2-1 loss on Wednesday at Comerica Park.
- Chi White Sox is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Chi White Sox is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- Chi White Sox is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Chi White Sox is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Detroit is 10-2 ATS in its last 12 games
- Detroit is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Detroit’s last 22 games
- Detroit is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago home to Baltimore, Friday, August 5th
Detroit home to New York, Friday, August 5th