There is no hotter team in baseball than the New York Yankees. During the Bronx Bombers current eight-game winning streak, they are averaging over six runs per game and hitting a collective .273. That is all despite some recent struggles with runners in scoring position. The Yanks will continue a three-game set with the Chicago White Sox Tuesday.
– Shark BITES
- Luis Severino has a 7.27 ERA in two career starts against the White Sox.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of the White Sox’ last 10 games.
- The White Sox are 5-14 SU in their last 19 games against the Yankees.
Strikeout artist Luis Severino will take the bump for the Yankees. Severino picked up his first win as a starter since 2015 in his last outing while registering a career-high 11 strikeouts over 7.0 innings. Of course, Severino will likely have plenty of wiggle room with the Yankees slugging a collective .452 on the season.
The White Sox will counter with Miguel Gonzalez who is familiar with the Yankees after spending the first four years of his pro career with Baltimore. The righty parlayed that experience into some good outings last season, as he posted a 2.31 ERA and did not allow a single home run in two starts against the Yankees.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The moneyline was hovering in the range of -172 for the New York Yankees in this one over at Bovada. The over under number was sitting near 8.5 at 5Dimes.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 5.1-2.8 result in favor of the Yankees. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (9-4) will face the 6-6 White Sox in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Chicago injuries news.
The New York Yankees sit at No. 4 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark, while the Chicago White Sox sit at No. 5 on the same chart.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Chicago White Sox rank No. 21 at 7.75 hits per game. That compares with the New York Yankees No. 7 ranking in that category.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and New York has the No. 4-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the White Sox own the No. 3 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Chi White Sox is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- Chi White Sox is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Chi White Sox’s last 10 games
- Chi White Sox is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games
- NY Yankees is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of NY Yankees’s last 10 games
- NY Yankees is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at New York, Wednesday, April 19th