In the first half of the season it appeared that the Chicago White Sox always had a chance to win when Chris Sale was on the mound, but after the dropping his past five starts that does not appear to be true anymore. The White Sox start a series with the New York Yankees Thursday.
- The White Sox are 5-15 at Yankee Stadium since 2009.
- The Yankees have lost five of their past six at home.
- Only four batters in the White Sox lineup has ever faced Pineda
Over his past five starts, Sale has posted a 0-3 record with a 4.15 ERA. Though his strikeout numbers have not declined as Sale has whiffed 37 batters in his past five.
The Bronx Bombers will counter with pitcher Michael Pineda. After missing most of August with a forearm strain, Pineda has gone 2-0 with a 3.57 ERA in four starts during September.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the New York Yankees as -115 moneyline favorites in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 7.5 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 5.3-4.1 result in favor of the Yankees. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago White Sox vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Yankees sport a record of 83-68 heading into this matchup, while the Chicago White Sox sit at 72-80 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Chicago injuries news.
The New York Yankees vs Chicago White Sox odds would favor the Yankees if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. New York is rated No. 6 in the current Odds – VSB
poll, while Chicago is at No. 18.
Offensively, the game matches up New York Yankees No. 2 ranked offense (4.82 runs per game) against a Chicago White Sox defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 19 at 4.38 runs allowed per game. The New York Yankees have been averaging 8.65 hits per game, more than the Chicago White Sox have managed so far this season (8.6 hits on average).
New York owns the No. 16 defense, allowing 4.82 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Chicago’s No. 19-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The White Sox were saddled with a loss last time out in Frankie Montas’s start, as they lost 7-4 against Detroit on Wednesday at Comerica Park.
The Yankees were shut out in their last start, struggling to get much going against the Toronto staff and losing 4-0 to the Blue Jays on Wednesday at Rogers Centre.
- Chi White Sox is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing NY Yankees
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi White Sox’s last 5 games when playing NY Yankees
- Chi White Sox is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi White Sox’s last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games
- NY Yankees is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
- NY Yankees is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Chi White Sox
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at New York, Friday, September 25th