The Anaheim Ducks have opened their five-game homestand with three wins and look to make it four when they host the Minnesota Wild Sunday. The Ducks have dominated the Wild, as Anaheim has won 11 of the past 13 meetings between the two clubs.
- The Wild have covered the puckline in 11 of their past 12 games.
- The Ducks have won 7 of their past 8 games at the Honda Center.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of the Wild’s past 7 games.
It has been the young guns on the Ducks that have been picking up the slack with Corey Perry’s recent offensive struggles and Ryan Getzlaf’s injury. In Anaheim’s last win the three goal scorers were Joseph Cramarossa, Chris Wagner and Ondrej Kase. The Wild will need to stay out of penalty trouble because the Ducks do their most damage with the man advantage, as they have the fourth-best powerplay in the NHL.
After winning 12-straight, the Wild have gone 1-2 in their past three while allowing at least four goals in each. Mikko Koivu enters this contest on a four-game point streak that has seen the veteran center notch three goals and four assists.
Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Ducks sit at 21-12-8 on the season; in comparison, the Minnesota Wild are currently 24-9-5. Looking to wager on the totals? Anaheim is 14-15-12 OU, and Minnesota is 15-16-7 OU. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Anaheim vs Minnesota injuries news.
The Anaheim Ducks sit at No. 12 in the current NHL power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Minnesota Wild sit at a No. 4 on the same chart.
Offensively, the game matches up the Anaheim Ducks No. 16-ranked offense (2.73 goals per game) against a Minnesota Wild defense that ranks No. 3 at 2.21 goals per game allowed. The Ducks powerplay has clicked at a 22.06% rate while the Wild have a 85.32% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Last time out for Minnesota, they were a 4-3 loser as they battled the Kings on the road. Moneyline bettors who got the Kings at -111 were rewarded, while the 7 combined goals moved the game OVER for totals bettors.
Anaheim won its last outing, a 3-2 result against the Coyotes on January 06. Bettors who backed the Ducks at -205 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (5) sent UNDER bettors to the payout window.
- Minnesota is 11-1 ATS in its last 12 games
- Minnesota is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 7 games
- Minnesota is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Anaheim is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Anaheim is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Anaheim is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- Anaheim is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Minnesota home to Montreal, Thursday, January 12th
Anaheim home to Dallas, Tuesday, January 10th