The Minnesota Wild continue to be part of the Central Division dogfight, despite struggling on the road. The Wild are 3-2-3 away from Xcel Energy Center this season, winning just one of their past five on the road. The Wild take to the Consol Energy Center to face the Pittsburgh Penguins Tuesday.
- The Wild are 6-2 in their last eight games in Pittsburgh.
- The UNDER is 10-4 in the Penguins last 14 games at home.
- Evgeni Malkin has just two assists and no goals in the past seven games.
The Penguins come into the game struggling as they have gone 1-3-0 in their past four following a six-game winning streak. The past four games have seen the Pens outscored 14-7 and have just one combined goal in their past two.
The Wild will be starting Devan Dubnyk once again, the goaltenders 15th start this season. Dubnyk has a 2.44 goals against average this season and a .911 save percentage.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
If you’re going with the Pittsburgh Penguins in this one, they were listed as moneyline favorites of -135 on most NHL hockey betting menus (such as Bodog) early today for Tuesday’s contest. The over-under total was at 5 earlier at Bet365.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 2.4-2.2 win for the Wild. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Minnesota Wild vs Pittsburgh Penguins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
10-7-0 Pittsburgh battles the Wild, currently with a 10-3-3 mark. The OVER/UNDER records, important for totals bettors, are 3-11-3 for the Penguins and 6-5-5 for the Wild. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs Minnesota injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 21 (Pittsburgh Penguins) and the No. 12 (Minnesota Wild) teams according to our current NHL Power Rankings.
The game also pits Pittsburgh’s No. 27-ranked offense, averaging 2.12 goals per game, against a Wild defense that ranks No. 19 at 2.69 goals allowed. The Penguins power play is averaging 12.96% while the Wild defense kills off 75.68% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Minnesota lost its last outing, a 3-2 result against the Stars on November 14. Bettors who backed the Stars at -135 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (5) sent UNDER bettors to the payout window.
Pittsburgh lost its last outing, a 4-0 result against the Devils on November 14. Bettors who backed the Devils at -105 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (4) sent UNDER bettors to the payout window.
- Minnesota is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Minnesota is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Minnesota is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Pittsburgh’s last 24 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Pittsburgh’s last 14 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Minnesota at Boston, Thursday, November 19th
Pittsburgh home to Colorado, Thursday, November 19th