Wisconsin is out to prove they are the class of the Big Ten and a victory on the road against Purdue Sunday will likely cement that status. The Badgers have won their past nine games while going 7-1 ATS while topping their opponents by an average of 24.3 points per game in that span.
- Nigel Hayes averaged 23.5 points in 2 games against Purdue last season.
- Purdue is 8-4 ATS in their past 12 games hosting Wisconsin.
- The total has gone UNDER is 13 of Wisconsin’s past 18 road games.
This Wisconsin squad is looking to achieve something the program has not done since 1972 by going on the road and beating both Indiana and Purdue. The frontcourt duo of Ethan Happ and Nigel Hayes, who are averaging a combined 29.8 points and 15.2 rebounds during Wisconsin’s winning streak, will have their hands full trying to slow down Caleb Swanigan.
Swanigan is averaging 18.3 points and 12.9 rebounds on the season while recording 13 double-doubles through 16 games. The sophomore leads the nation in rebounds per game and has picked up at least 20 boards in three of the past five.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Purdue Boilermakers betting line opened as -2.5-point favorites in this college basketball tilt over at BetOnline but the number may be on the move. Watch for the opening over/under total as well at MyBookie.
Wisconsin Badgers vs Purdue Boilermakers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Purdue Boilermakers sit at 13-3 (8-5 ATS) on the college basketball season. By comparison, the Wisconsin Badgers are currently 13-2 (8-4 ATS). Looking to bet on the total points scored? Purdue is 8-4-1 OU, and Wisconsin is 5-7 OU.
The Boilermakers – Badgers odds would favor the Badgers if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Purdue is rated No. 11 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Wisconsin is at No. 4.
Rating these schools in several key categories is important for handicappers and Purdue has the nation’s No. 20-rated offensive output, at 83.94 PPG. The visiting Wisconsin Badgers defense ranks No. 7 allowing on average 59.4 PPG. The Boilermakers FG% has averaged 48.62% so far, more than the Purdue Badgers marksmen have achieved on the year, 48.56% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Wisconsin got 19 points from Ethan Happ en route to a 75-68 victory over Indiana on Tuesday at Branch McCracken Court at Assembly Hall.
The Boilermakers got 16 points from Caleb Swanigan as Purdue ran past Ohio State 76-75 on Thursday at Value City Arena.
- Wisconsin is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games
- Wisconsin is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Wisconsin’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Wisconsin’s last 18 games on the road
- Purdue is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- Purdue is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games at home
- Purdue is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Wisconsin
- Purdue is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Wisconsin
Next Betting Matchups
Wisconsin home to Ohio State, Thursday, January 12th
Purdue at Iowa, Thursday, January 12th