The Washington Wizards have finally reached the .500 mark for the first time this year, but they’ll be in tough to put another win on the board as a date with James Harden and the red-hot Houston Rockets awaits on Monday.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of the Wizards’ last 16 games.
- The Wizards are 5-18 SU in their last 23 games against the Rockets.
- The total has gone OVER in the Rockets’ last six games.
Houston, who went 15-2 in December, has averaged a phenomenal 130.8 points during their four-game winning streak. Harden finished with a career-high 53 points, 17 assists and 16 rebounds in the Rockets’ 129-122 win over the New York Knicks on New Year’s Eve.
The Wizards are no slouch, though. Washington went 10-5 in December including three straight to finish 2016 on a winning note – the most recent a 118-95 hammering of the lowly Brooklyn Nets on Friday. John Wall and company are 0-3 SU on the road against Western Conference opponents in the campaign.
Washington has been one of the best bets in the NBA lately, going 8-1 ATS in their last nine affairs.
Washington Wizards vs Houston Rockets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Washington Wizards will try to spoil the party on Monday; they are 17-15 ATS against the betting spread this NBA season, while the Houston Rockets are 23-12 ATS. Washington is 21-11 vs the betting total points scored; Houston is 20-15. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Houston vs Washington injuries news.
The Houston Rockets sit at No. 1 in the current NBA Power Rankings here at Odds – Shark
, while the Washington Wizards are at No. 10 on that betting chart.
The game also pits Houston’s No. 2-ranked offense averaging 114.94 PPG, against a Washington Wizards defense that ranks No. 22 at 106.12 PPG. The Houston Rockets field goal percentage has averaged 47.02% so far, more than the Washington Wizards shooters have achieved on the year, 46.94% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Washington cruised to victory on Friday, running Brooklyn out of the gym and running up a 118-95 score at Verizon Center.
The Rockets got a 53-point performance from James Harden as Houston handed New York a 129-122 defeat on Saturday at Toyota Center.
- Washington is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Washington’s last 16 games
- Washington is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games on the road
- Houston is 17-8 ATS in its last 25 games
- Houston is 15-2 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 5 games
- Houston is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at Dallas, Tuesday, January 3rd
Houston home to Oklahoma City, Thursday, January 5th